Which (Catholic, Biography, or Nonfiction) E-Books Should I Buy...

Started by Bernadette, December 26, 2013, 09:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

With my Amazon gift card? What would you spring for? I'm not really into contemporary fiction, mysteries, or thrillers, I'm leaning toward the two volumes of The Letters of Saint Teresa, since I figure that the footnotes alone would be worth buying the books for, and that more letters might have been discovered and published since the last public-domain edition. But that still leaves a decent amount left over.  ;D
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

Spooky, I just purchased "The Spiritual Combat" and then "The Mother of our Savior" by Garrigou-Lagrange. Each for $0.99! Thanks for posting.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.