Support Seminarians

Started by Tales, August 21, 2018, 01:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tales

I've seen multiple comments that people are planning to withhold donations to their diocese and will send their money to other Catholic organizations.  As clerical reform is needed (but unlikely to come under this hierarchy), is there a way to support traditionally minded seminarians?  As generations pass, if enough orthodox seminarians have entered the clergy, then perhaps they will bring the reform that is much needed.  It is a long term method but, barring direct divine intervention and many Damascus Road moments for the sitting hierarchy, I see this as the way out of the mess we are in.

I suppose one could donate directly to a seminary, but the seminary might be staffed by non-traditional Catholics.  I was thinking it would be better to directly fund the seminarians if they show signs of adhering to and desiring the restoration of the Catholic Faith.  Like a group Patreon, but for solid seminarians.

If nothing else, informing the diocese that money that would have been donated to them is now going to TLM seminarians should catch their attention.

Stu Cool

We contribute monthly to the Institute's seminary and have provided donations to the SSPX seminary in Virginia.

Miriam_M

The Institute of Christ the King, a trad apostolate, is not going to be knowingly harboring, ordaining, and assigning pedophiles or homosexuals.  They have a seminary in Gricigliano, Italy:

http://www.institute-christ-king.org/vocations/adopt-seminarian/

Scroll down the page.

They are not the only ones vigilant; there are other trad apostolates and trad orders.  I just don't have a list of all of the names of those.

Tales

Thank you for the recommendations!  I think it will be solidly faithful seminarians who help restore the Church generations from now.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Our family is dedicated to sponsoring traditional seminarians.  It's our primary charity.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

VeraeFidei

Quote from: Miriam_M on August 21, 2018, 12:27:30 PM
The Institute of Christ the King, a trad apostolate, is not going to be knowingly harboring, ordaining, and assigning pedophiles or homosexuals.  They have a seminary in Gricigliano, Italy:

Scroll down the page.

They are not the only ones vigilant; there are other trad apostolates and trad orders.  I just don't have a list of all of the names of those.
I have attended an ICRSS apostolate for six years, so I think I have a fairly balanced perspective.

There is a former ICRSS priest (last name Svea) who in 2002 pled guilty to both 2nd and 4th degree sexual assault of a child, false imprisonment, and genital exposure to a child. He got 1 year of jail and 20 years probation.

Miriam_M

Quote from: VeraeFidei on August 25, 2018, 07:13:03 PM
Quote from: Miriam_M on August 21, 2018, 12:27:30 PM

Scroll down the page.

I have attended an ICRSS apostolate for six years, so I think I have a fairly balanced perspective.

There is a former ICRSS priest (last name Svea) who in 2002 pled guilty to both 2nd and 4th degree sexual assault of a child, false imprisonment, and genital exposure to a child. He got 1 year of jail and 20 years probation.

I did not say there had never been absolutely any incident or seminarian/priest ever in the past.  I said that this apostolate is --present tense-- vigilant.  If there was or is an exception, that cleric is/was an outlier.

Prayerful

Traditional diocesan priests often operate as chaplaincies or a congregation of diocesan right, and that is a means of ensuring the Commandment of the Church to 'contribute to the support of the Church' can be followed without subsidising Conciliar queerness. Yet be careful as trad sodomite priests are not unknown (as VeraeFidei mentioned), they are just rarer than the standard sort.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.