The miraculous medal

Started by Joanwalsingham, August 06, 2018, 04:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanwalsingham

Hey all,

Quick question.

I have been wearing my miraculous medal for some years now, even saw St Catherine Laboure's incorrupt body twice [the one Our lady appeared to to give the message about the medal]

Our lady says it gives us "great graces"

(Forgive my ignorance, as I was brought up in a Novus Ordo family, with Novus ordo catholic teaching, the did not teach anything about grace, its something I had to find out about myself when I got older).

What happens when we receive "great graces", does it make us holier? Does it help us get the heaven?

I know we need sanctifying grace in our soul to be saved, but what does she mean about "Great" graces?

Stubborn

Yes, when we receive "great graces", the graces make us holier and yes, these graces are our aids from heaven which help us get to heaven. That is the purpose of grace and the reason we are offered them.

Briefly, I think "great graces" can mean different things depending on one's state of life or dire, present needs. Take "The Duke", John Wayne for example. He had a dire, present need and accepted the graces offered him. We know this because he asked for and received the Sacrament of Baptism on his death bed, to me, this is an example of very "great graces", although I don't know if the miraculous medal had a hand in this or not, but we know that the miraculous medal has been the source of many conversions.

Our goal is to always, through Holy Mother the Church, to seek grace so as to grow in grace so that we grow in the faith and  love of God and all things holy. One who is in the state of grace is literally, suited to resist temptation to sin and is more apt to emerge victorious over temptation via a speedy retreat from it, and in so doing, often accumulate yet more graces.

I'm sure others can chime in with a more thorough reply, but far as the NO is concerned.....

"The Conciliar Church is now an agency of the Judaeo-Masonic Revolution and the notion of holiness as the essential goal of the Christian life has given way to "social concern" and "caring." What remains of the contemplative life is seen an a vestige and an anachronism." - Fr. Wathen

Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent