Just got booted from another "catholic" forum..am I wrong here?

Started by Armor of Light, July 02, 2018, 05:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armor of Light

Called homo attraction a perversion. Not only the act itself, but the condition.

Is that wrong?
If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned.

Thomas à Kempis

Carleendiane

Quote from: Armor of Light on July 02, 2018, 05:53:25 AM
Called homo attraction a perversion. Not only the act itself, but the condition.

Is that wrong?

Nope. Was in psychiatric books as a mental disorder until 1973. Then it became politically incorrect to call it a disorder.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Greg

It's 'wrong' in the sense that the mainstream Catholic church would not describe it as a perversion.

Survey and educated opinion suggests that ~ 50% of priests are homosexually inclined.  It's certainly at least 30%

So wrong or right it is hardly surprising you got 'booted'.

Try joining Fisheaters.com and saying transsexualism is a perversion.  See how long you last.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Armor of Light

Ha!

I was there witnessing that whole debacle when it happened. Haven't been back since..
If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned.

Thomas à Kempis

clau clau

So off went the Emperor in procession under his splendid canopy. Everyone in the streets and the windows said, "Oh, how fine are the Emperor's new clothes! Don't they fit him to perfection? And see his long train!" Nobody would confess that he couldn't see anything, for that would prove him either unfit for his position, or a fool. No costume the Emperor had worn before was ever such a complete success.

"But he hasn't got anything on," a little child said.

"Did you ever hear such innocent prattle?" said its father. And one person whispered to another what the child had said, "He hasn't anything on. A child says he hasn't anything on."

"But he hasn't got anything on!" the whole town cried out at last.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor%27s_New_Clothes
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

MilesChristi

objectively disordered == perverted

per·vert·ed
p?r?v?rd?d/Submit
adjective
(of a person or their actions) characterized by sexually abnormal and unacceptable practices or tendencies.
"he whispered perverted obscenities"
synonyms:   unnatural, deviant, warped, corrupt, twisted, abnormal, unhealthy, depraved, perverse, aberrant, immoral, debauched, debased, degenerate, evil, wicked, vile, amoral, wrong, bad; More
(of a thing) having been corrupted or distorted from its original course, meaning, or state.
"this sudden surge of perverted patriotism"
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Armor of Light

Yes. Thank You..

I paraphrased that definition a bit, just winging it on common sense and Catholic understanding.
Plus, I was a little extra miffed because of last month being homo pride month. My workplace took that seriously and I was annoyed.

Thomas à Kempis

drummerboy

Some of the older members might remember, but recall when it was a badge of honor to get banned from CAF lol?
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Jayne

Quote from: drummerboy on July 02, 2018, 08:16:17 AM
Some of the older members might remember, but recall when it was a badge of honor to get banned from CAF lol?

It still is to some extent, but it is not a very challenging accomplishment.  Even I have been banned from CAF.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Greg

Quotecharacterized by sexually abnormal and unacceptable practices or tendencies.

It's now acceptable by most of society.

And even the mainstream catholic church kinda, sorta accepts it.  It would have to with 50% of priests being so inclined.  Queers were never burned at the stake as long as they didn't flaunt their behaviors.

If you are attracted, without acting, I think an argument could be made that it wasn't a perversion.  We all have bizarre thoughts now and then, but we wouldn't describe ourselves as perverts or abnormal.

It must take a fair amount of willpower to be a queer and not act out on it.  Especially now, when there's much less threat of getting beaten up or losing your job.  I'd resist attacking the ones with self-control
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

MilesChristi

It's the latter definition I was intending to highlight

(of a thing) having been corrupted or distorted from its original course, meaning, or state.
"this sudden surge of perverted patriotism"

Greg

Therein lies the question.

Are homo-sexually inclined people born or made.

What, for example, would you make of a 5 year old, the last in a large Catholic family where nobody else was queer, who dressed up as female superheros rather than male ones?

5 year old perverts?  Surely not.

Or played with dolls when GI Joe was in the toy box and showed little or no interest in the things that boys like.  It's impossible to put that down to nurture because 11 siblings before him were nurtured and turned out perfectly normal.

I'm inclined to believe that at least some effeminates are made like that.  Why?  God only knows.

Others are normal but become perverted through poor experiences, abuse, self-abuse.

Maximilian

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 02, 2018, 05:59:37 AM
Quote from: Armor of Light on July 02, 2018, 05:53:25 AM

Is that wrong?

Nope. Was in psychiatric books as a mental disorder until 1973. Then it became politically incorrect to call it a disorder.

As recently as the eighties, Ratzinger as head of the CDF published a document that said the homosexual inclination itself is "intrinsically disordered."

If these people are "conservative N.O.," they should be big fans of BXVI.

MilesChristi

Quote from: Greg on July 02, 2018, 10:32:07 AM

What, for example, would you make of a 5 year old, the last in a large Catholic family where nobody else was queer, who dressed up as female superheros rather than male ones?

Or played with dolls when GI Joe was in the toy box and showed little or no interest in the things that boys like.  It's impossible to put that down to nurture because 11 siblings before him were nurtured and turned out perfectly normal.

I'm inclined to believe that at least some effeminates are made like that.  Why?  God only knows.

Others are normal but become perverted through poor experiences, abuse, self-abuse.

Perverted from the nature of man itself.

It's like a man born without a nose, or retarded, or missing a leg. A disorder is a failing from what man is or should be.

John Lamb

Quote from: Greg on July 02, 2018, 10:32:07 AM

I've heard that young children who are "gender confused" almost always grow out of it once they go through puberty. Before puberty children are not really sexual creatures, so their differences are more a matter of cultural enforcement than nature (girls made to wear skirts, boys trousers, etc.). So a young boy that prefers dolls is not necessarily something to be worried about. It could be that he saw his sister playing with them, or whatever. Of course, boys and girls do start differentiating themselves before puberty, but I would suggest that that's more a desire on their part to conform to social norms and behave as they're expected. A child that's slow to pick up on this could just be less sociable and less inclined to follow social norms enthusiastically.

QuoteI'm inclined to believe that at least some effeminates are made like that.  Why?  God only knows.

I actually think that the queer theorists - gender theorists, or whatever they call themselves - may have a point in saying that our understanding of the distinction between the sexes had become too rigid. Obviously I utterly disagree with the idea that there is no distinction between the sexes or that the sexes don't have different social roles, but if you look at past societies a man wasn't necessarily suspected of being a sodomite if he preferred art and poetry, if he wasn't a typical man whose passion was war and fighting. For example, you will hear about kings and princes whose passion really was to go about waging war, and you'll hear about others whose passion was art & reading - and the latter weren't necessarily suspected of perversion. The consequence of trying to get every man to be a "man's man" is that if he doesn't have that inclination, he himself might suspect that he's a "homosexual"; and that might push men towards perversion that otherwise wouldn't have become perverts if their manhood wasn't questioned the second they turned up their nose to football or wrestling.
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul