Paul VI and the new Mass

Started by St.Justin, April 19, 2018, 09:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prayerful

Fr Bouyer Cong. Orat. (co-author of EP2 and later appeared to deeply regret his work with Concilium, although the Bouyer-Botte redrafting of EP2 moved it from near heretical to minimally acceptable) was a friend who notes he seemed unaware of changes he had sanctioned, like abolishing preparation for Lent. Fr Bouyer was notably scornful of the dishonest Bugnini who would lie to Concilium that the Pope wanted a change, and then lie to the Pope that Concilium were unanimous on it, which was generally blatantly false. Fr Bouyer surmised that Bugnini's 'controllers' perhaps were a factor. Perhaps Paul the Pathetic was just in chronically poor health, and so was unable to push back against his dishonest chief liturgist, who it should be noted was Secretary to the Congregration of Rites since 1948, and Pius XII also approved the defective Holy Week changes early in the fifties. A notable point is that a good portion of harmful change, like the last mentioned, came after Concilium had wrapped up its deliberations. Hopefully the malevolent hack work of Bugnini can be undone soon.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Optatus

This is one of the first things I noticed after returning to the NOM for the first time after some years. There was no confiteor, sin and hell were vaguely referenced if at all, and justice was only mentioned in the context of social justice of the secular variety. It was a big lovebomb. "God loves you, we love you, you should love you, we're all OK!"

What I don't understand is why people are getting up at 8:00 AM to listen to the same sort of crap they can hear on TV. What's the point?

martin88nyc

Quote from: Optatus on April 26, 2018, 06:25:19 PM
This is one of the first things I noticed after returning to the NOM for the first time after some years. There was no confiteor, sin and hell were vaguely referenced if at all, and justice was only mentioned in the context of social justice of the secular variety. It was a big lovebomb. "God loves you, we love you, you should love you, we're all OK!"

What I don't understand is why people are getting up at 8:00 AM to listen to the same sort of crap they can hear on TV. What's the point?
I would say the Holy Communion is why people are there.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Optatus

Quote from: martin88nyc on April 26, 2018, 06:46:05 PM

Sure, but I have to wonder if no one addresses sin or hell then shouldn't they be wondering what the Holy Eucharist is for?

martin88nyc

Quote from: Optatus on April 26, 2018, 06:51:42 PM

Sure, but I have to wonder if no one addresses sin or hell then shouldn't they be wondering what the Holy Eucharist is for?
Don't forget that there are still many pious souls who understand the faith very well but have no easy access to daily TLM but want to grow spiritually and become saints.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Optatus

Quote from: martin88nyc on April 26, 2018, 10:13:58 PM
Quote from: Optatus on April 26, 2018, 06:51:42 PM

Don't forget that there are still many pious souls who understand the faith very well but have no easy access to daily TLM but want to grow spiritually and become saints.

That is undoubtedly true, and it's worthwhile to be reminded of that now and again.