Cardinal Burke interview: Scalfari scandal "beyond tolerable"

Started by Xavier, April 07, 2018, 06:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadtrad

Quote from: Xavier on April 07, 2018, 06:29:48 AM
Many criticize Cardinal Burke. What should H.E. do? Do something without much support and get exiled to Antartica as a consequence?

Yes precisely. We don't admire St. Athanasius simply because he was against modernism but also for his "irrelevance" in exile, we revere him for that.

Who reveres a guy who says one thing and does another?

Who reveres a guy who "likes" tradition and does the Novus Ordo while saying the way of the Church is Ratzingerian theology?

Sorry I'm done giving kudos to half-devoted people just because they moderately side with me. If the counter is "yes but we need them on our side!" my response will be how good have they been so far?
"God has proved his love to us by laying down his life for our sakes; we too must be ready to lay down our lives for the sake of our brethren." 1 John 3:16

Elizabeth

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 20, 2018, 10:59:51 AM

And ya'll trying to compare him to Marcel...

Right...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMDiy8g3HDs[/yt]

I was just listening to a CD of ABL's preaching (translated and read by the priest whose voice is exactly like Kevin Costner's.) 

No comparison!

Lynne

Quote from: bigbadtrad on April 20, 2018, 01:56:50 PM
Quote from: Xavier on April 07, 2018, 06:29:48 AM
Many criticize Cardinal Burke. What should H.E. do? Do something without much support and get exiled to Antartica as a consequence?

Yes precisely. We don't admire St. Athanasius simply because he was against modernism but also for his "irrelevance" in exile, we revere him for that.

Who reveres a guy who says one thing and does another?

Who reveres a guy who "likes" tradition and does the Novus Ordo while saying the way of the Church is Ratzingerian theology?

Sorry I'm done giving kudos to half-devoted people just because they moderately side with me. If the counter is "yes but we need them on our side!" my response will be how good have they been so far?

I just posted the link to Abp Lefebvre's documentary in a thread in the Trad sub-forum. He was made to built seminaries. The work he did before Vat II in Africa was amazing. It taught him what to do after Vat II struck.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Greg

I had dinner with a priest in Rome last week who has Burke's ear.  Inner circle. 

I told him what I thought and he said to me that Burke would simply "be exiled to Antarctica where he'd be even less able to do anything about these scandals".

"How can he be less able when his ability and effectiveness is zero now?"

He had no answer to that question.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.