Trump wants troops out of Syria; advisors not so sure.

Started by Xavier, April 03, 2018, 11:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Both Bush and Obama made bad decisions in Iraq; Bush by invading, Obama by a premature withdrawal of troops already in the region - after which isis and its 'caliphate' thrived until recently. Obama followed a disastrous "containment" strategy that actually helped ISIS thrive; though Trump has reversed that somewhat. But is President Trump making a similar mistake here in announcing a decision to leave Syria soon?

So what do you all think, especially folk who'be been in the military before - Has ISIS been fully defeated? What about the Kurds who helped in fighting ISIS - should they be left to the mercy of a Turkish dictator who has boasted about "ottoman slaps"? Is Assad remaining in power the best thing for now? https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/03/trump-wants-to-get-out-of-syria-but-military-advisors-say-isis-isnt-defeated-yet.html

QuotePresident Donald Trump said he is thinking about withdrawing U.S. troops from war-torn Syria, signaling an early exit to the U.S.-led fight against ISIS.
The president's comments appear to contradict U.S. military and national security advisors, who were speaking simultaneously at the U.S. Institute of Peace about the future fight against ISIS in both Iraq and Syria.
"As far as Syria is concerned, our primary mission in terms of that was getting rid of ISIS. We've almost completed that task, and we'll be making a decision very quickly in coordination with others as to what we'll do," Trump said Tuesday at the White House.

"I want to get out. I want to bring our troops home."
We are preparing for the military to secure our border: Trump
Contrary to Trump's statements, Brett McGurk, the U.S. special envoy for the global coalition against ISIS, told a forum Tuesday that the U.S. mission in Syria was far from over.
"We are in Syria to fight ISIS. That is our mission, and our mission isn't over, and we are going to complete that mission," McGurk said.
Echoing those sentiments, Army Gen. Joseph Votel, who oversees U.S. forces in the Middle East as the head of Central Command, said that while the presence of ISIS in the region had diminished, "it is not gone."
Votel estimated that more than 90 percent of the terror group's territory had been recovered by U.S.-backed forces. He added that the next step for the approximately 2,000 U.S.troops in Syria would be to help stabilize the region ..
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Greg

My view is that Americans should avoid trying to war with anyone Islamic, African or South East Asian.

You're a uncultured lot at the best of times.  Your army foot soldiers are ill-disciplined and the current namby pamby political climate makes it hard to deal with these primitives who only respect wanton violence from a strong hand.  Drafting grunts into the military who are just there to get their student loans paid or get a passport seems a bad idea.  You're institutionalising incompetence.

Perhaps the best thing to do would be reduce the army and spend the money on the airforce instead.  Issue clear and firm warnings and then take out government buildings and infrastructure from the air and let them suffer.  If they complain about it do it again.  They would soon get the message.  "Don't irritate America or we will smash you".

Syria is 4000-5000 miles away.  Let the Russians deal with it.

The greatest mistake the powerful western nations ever made was forgetting that they are superior to the brownskins in nearly every possible way, and to the slopes in most ways.

The Japs are weird loonies.  South East Asia smells like a rubbish tip.  The Chinese are drone slaves incapable of innovation.  The Indians have stray dogs and rubbish in the streets.  Latin American countries are economically weak and on a permanent fiesta or siesta and the Middle East are brainwashed perverts.  Africans are dim.  Really dim.  Dumber than a box of rocks.

White people are superior, cleverer, more inventive.  We either need aggressive recolonisation or back off and let these stupid countries stew in their own juice if they don't want to pay to sensible rules.

If they turn the board over, like a petulant child, then shows them who is boss and given them a damned good thrashing.  If they play nice pat them on the head and give them a sweety.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Kreuzritter

And the apostate makes his Satanic racism known, blathering thoughts straight out of the playbook of White Nationalism.

Shall we take you to the Folsom Street parade to see just what weirdness, stupidity, filth, hive-mindedness and perversion "white people" and "Western civilisation" are capable of? These are consequences of original sin and generational curses which are overcome through Christ - but that you are a heretic who doesn't care for Church teaching has already been established elsewhere.

Dumber than a box of rocks? Why don't we start with people who treat the ill-defined abstraction of "the white race" as a concretum and then raise it to the altar of idolatry? Need we mention what the Hindus and Chinese where up to while your own ancestors were huddled together in their mud huts?

Frank

in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Tales

Is ISIS defeated?  That is laughable.  The caliphate will be around for generations, this is going to be an ongoing nightmare for anyone they come across.

The US is in Syria to block Russia's gas dominance over Europe (Qatar wants to run a pipeline through Syria to Europe).  I suspect we are also there due to heretical Christian Zionism - evangelicals think it is their divine mission to secure the Jews in Israel.

The US is destroying itself in a thousand ways, this is just another one of them.  The US will never win anything in the Middle East.  The military and arms dealers will certainly get several trillion dollars wealthier though.  Israel will be pleased as well.

drummerboy

I say get out.  Russia is heavily involved, and there was that incident a few weeks back with the Russian mercenaries.  How many more incidents like that before something BIG happens, and a pile of rocks and sand in Syria is not worth it.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Greg

Whatever they were up to back then, they ain't up to it now.

The Romans were absolutely great.   Leagues ahead.  The Italians are lazy, corrupt, cowardly monkeys by comparison.

The Egyptians were great.  Today they are moronic lazy savages.

Africa might be ruling the world in 1000 years but right now they are shitting where they sleep, in the most part.  The whites clearly are superior, in most things, and I think we should stop pretending we are not.  Make hay while the sun shines.

The whole of modern society has been invented, delivered and paid for by white people, from intensive farming to antibiotics to electric cars to the Internet.  That's reality.

I couldn't give a shit about what happened one thousand years ago, or what will happen in one thousand years hence.  Right now, today whites are superior.  That is a blatant fact.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Greg

james03

QuoteThe US is in Syria to block Russia's gas dominance over Europe (Qatar wants to run a pipeline through Syria to Europe).  I suspect we are also there due to heretical Christian Zionism - evangelicals think it is their divine mission to secure the Jews in Israel.

Hezbollah defeated Israel in the war of 2006. Israel ordered the USA to take out Assad, who was arming Hezbollah.  The end.

By the way, ISIS was created by the US (Deep State) and supplied by Israel.  The Pentagon and Russia are blasting ISIS while the CIA is arming them (remember Benghazi?).  There is a civil war going on inside the government of the US.

Yes, Assad should stay in power.  He is friendly with the Maronites in Syria and protects them.  Assad was cooperating with the US during the war on terror as the Sunni radicals were also his enemy.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Gardener

ISIS will be defeated by Russia and the Syrian regime IF we get the hell out. They cannot do that while we are simultaneously pounding pro-regime militias. ISIS could be defeated if we joined forces with Russia and the Syrian regime, but Syria was noted as part of the fictitious "Axis of Evil", at least in an ancillary manner. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1988810.stm) Were they actually? I guess if your last name ends in -stein, -berg, etc.

We will leave the Kurds out to dry, just like we did in 1991 and in 2003.

Assad is a secular dictator, has no religious aspirations, and is very much against the Sunni terrorists.

We had no business in Iraq. Period. We should have made Saddam an ally.

-----

We have had presence in Iraq for 15 years now. Where are the stockpiles of scary chem?

If him having chemical weapons was an actual problem, we'd have done something after Halabja.

Saddam was a secular dictator with dreams of grandeur, and was despised by the likes of Osama Bin Laden as an apostate from Islam. He was no supporter of the likes which we faced over there post-invasion. Heck, I've been served food by a guy we saw on videos chopping off heads. One day he is AQI-aligned in Ameriyah, and the next he's an ally? BS.

What changed from this interview in 1994 to 2003, except an excuse to enact a globalist plan to destabilize the Middle East? What we should have done is make Saddam a good ally instead of the retarded CIA crap of giving over Middle East assets to the Russians. We got rid of one Saddam for hundreds of Saddams and Bin Ladens, be they nationalists or actual jihadis. I'm not saying Saddam was a good guy, but he was a far sight better than Iraq today.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w75ctsv2oPU[/yt]

Further, when has Bashar Al-Assad ever supported terrorism? His own father was castigated by the international community for bringing to life the wetdream style quotes of General Mattis. He utterly slaughtered the Sunni terrorists when they tried to overthrow the Assad regime, back in the 1980's. Being an Alawite sect Muslim, he's less dangerous to US interests than our own politicians.

What good did overthrowing Ghaddafi or Mubarak do? In Mubarak's place we got a dedicated adherent to the friggin' Muslim Brotherhood (Morsi).

Libya is in utter chaos.

Who, and what, does such destabilization serve? Certainly not the average person on the ground in the Middle East and certainly not the US.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Greg

They will use nukes on the place eventually.  All weapons of war get used at some point.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Kreuzritter on April 04, 2018, 05:25:25 AM
And the apostate makes his Satanic racism known, blathering thoughts straight out of the playbook of White Nationalism.

Shall we take you to the Folsom Street parade to see just what weirdness, stupidity, filth, hive-mindedness and perversion "white people" and "Western civilisation" are capable of? These are consequences of original sin and generational curses which are overcome through Christ - but that you are a heretic who doesn't care for Church teaching has already been established elsewhere.

Dumber than a box of rocks? Why don't we start with people who treat the ill-defined abstraction of "the white race" as a concretum and then raise it to the altar of idolatry? Need we mention what the Hindus and Chinese where up to while your own ancestors were huddled together in their mud huts?

You've never been to Africa have you. Take a walk around the fish market in Dar Es Salaam during a July afternoon and tell me Greg's still a racist.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 05, 2018, 06:14:23 AM
Quote from: Kreuzritter on April 04, 2018, 05:25:25 AM

You've never been to Africa have you. Take a walk around the fish market in Dar Es Salaam during a July afternoon and tell me Greg's still a racist.

City centre Frankfurt, SE Berlin, South Munich. Compare and contrast. Not too much longer and these once holy, innovative "white" cities will be as Dar Es Salaaami.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Greg

I refuse to go to Africa.  There's business to be done there, like this,

http://www.belcash.com

but I told my bosses no.  I draw the line at the Sahara.  Egypt, Middle East fine, but not Africa.

Too hot, too dirty, too corrupt.

Not even going to South Africa.  If they want what I sell they had better buy it over a video conference.