Here I Am!

Started by Cameron PM, October 12, 2017, 06:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Miriam_M on October 15, 2017, 10:46:33 AM
Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on October 12, 2017, 11:26:58 PM

I see you're discerning the priesthood?   I would guess not a traditional order?

Why the bolded?

Nothing gets past Miriam!
We sponsor young men for the traditional priesthood.  With the first post, out of the gate "Here I am!" and 'handsome' description (and a couple of other clues), I'd not thought of him as discerning a traditional order, more conservative novus order.  In our diocese (with an FSSP parish) and surrounding, the trend in novus ordo seminaries and parishes, is young conservatives.  I'm pleased to find them curious and open to engaging discussions re tradition.  The changes in the parishes is incremental but steady, small steps in the right direction. 
My deduction was merely based on personal experience and observation. He seems a good man with a good sense of humor (i.e., first post  :) ), and love of the Faith.  From his few posts so far, he seems intelligent, kind and earnest, and I pray he moves more and more into traditional mindset, as he stated.  If discerning the priesthood, this entails a distinct 'setting apart' - where one sees a style of writing, avatar, autosig, etc  and knows, yes, this man is a traditional priest.  The whole man reflects that extraordinary calling.

Trust that the Holy Ghost will guide you Cameron.  Regardless of your discernment, be a warrior for the Faith!
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Cameron PM

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on October 16, 2017, 11:10:29 AM
Quote from: Miriam_M on October 15, 2017, 10:46:33 AM
Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on October 12, 2017, 11:26:58 PM

I see you're discerning the priesthood?   I would guess not a traditional order?

Why the bolded?
Nothing gets past Miriam!
We sponsor young men for the traditional priesthood.  With the first post, out of the gate "Here I am!" and 'handsome' description (and a couple of other clues), I'd not thought of him as discerning a traditional order, more conservative novus order.  In our diocese (with an FSSP parish) and surrounding, the trend in novus ordo seminaries and parishes, is young conservatives.  I'm pleased to find them curious and open to engaging discussions re tradition.  The changes in the parishes is incremental but steady, small steps in the right direction. 
My deduction was merely based on personal experience and observation. He seems a good man with a good sense of humor (i.e., first post  :) ), and love of the Faith.  From his few posts so far, he seems intelligent, kind and earnest, and I pray he moves more and more into traditional mindset, as he stated.  If discerning the priesthood, this entails a distinct 'setting apart' - where one sees a style of writing, avatar, autosig, etc  and knows, yes, this man is a traditional priest.  The whole man reflects that extraordinary calling.

Trust that the Holy Ghost will guide you Cameron.  Regardless of your discernment, be a warrior for the Faith!
Thank you!

I reside in an archdiocese on a particularly rural corner of this world. I am only able to attend one TLM a month, if I'm blessed to have the opportunity. It is quite unfortunate, but resources are limited and the university I attend is hostile to anything conservative or normal (as any academic environment usually is in the secular world) so I rely heavily on God's good grace and have by far been humbled by the opportunities I have been able to bounce on!
From quiet homes and first beginning, out to the undiscovered ends, there's nothing worth the wear of winning, but laughter and the love of friends.
Hilaire Belloc

ServusMariae

Quote from: Cameron PM on October 18, 2017, 08:14:14 AM
I reside in an archdiocese on a particularly rural corner of this world. I am only able to attend one TLM a month, if I'm blessed to have the opportunity. It is quite unfortunate, but resources are limited and the university I attend is hostile to anything conservative or normal (as any academic environment usually is in the secular world) so I rely heavily on God's good grace and have by far been humbled by the opportunities I have been able to bounce on!

I feel you, Cameron ... even the Catholic school that I used to attend is pretty "secularized" (there's still emphasis on the Catholic aspect such as catechism classes, a club, Mass every now & then, etc... but everything depends on the chaplain haha) ... & btw, the Latin Mass community here in Singapore also started out with 1 TLM once per month ... but since then it has grown & TLM is on every single awesome Sunday. In God's time, your TLM community will grow too, from a little mustard seed to a gigantic tree ;) will keep you in prayer! :pray2: