Salutations!

Started by Serviam, September 28, 2017, 03:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serviam

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while and thought "oh why not just sign up". Glad I passed the sign-up verification questions!

I'm a 30 year old aspiring to become a seminarian with one of the Ecclesia Dei communities, hope the majority of you won't disapprove, still getting a feel for this forum.

I tiny bit of backstory, I was once a seminarian but got kicked out for being "Too Orthodox", which apparently is a bad thing nowadays. Had a crisis of faith (to my great shame) after being sent away and only just now trying to get myself out of this slump and rebuild my Faith is God's Church

In any case, probably will continue to lurk more for some time, and maybe chime in once in a while.

Happy to be here and thank you for having me.
With fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Carleendiane

I too lurked for a while. It serves the purpose of checking for a good fit. My favorite thing about this forum was the variety of threads and what I saw as useful, and educational. So happy you have come back to the practice of the faith. There is a place for everyone here. After sticking your toe in, I am confident you will find it warm and inviting.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 28, 2017, 05:06:06 PM
I too lurked for a while. It serves the purpose of checking for a good fit. My favorite thing about this forum was the variety of threads and what I saw as useful, and educational. So happy you have come back to the practice of the faith. There is a place for everyone here. After sticking your toe in, I am confident you will find it warm and inviting.

Amen, Carleendiane, and not just a return to the faith, but as an aspiring traditional seminarian.  Bravo! 

Welcome, friend.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

dymphna17

What she said ^^^^^ and a tip of the hat for having the courage to come back to the Faith (and not as a new "Pope"  :lol:  ) That couldn't have been easy.  Welcome back!!  To use Kaesekopf's turn of a phrase, I hope you find your stay here, lurking or otherwise, edifying.   :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

ServusMariae

Why, thank you for noticing this forum & signing up. Glad to welcome you here! ^_^ (*throws party confetti*)

Anyway, I gotta admit: once upon a time I was a Special Needs catechist in a Novus Ordo parish & I too almost got kicked out for being too "backwards/old-fashioned/traditional" in my catechesis with the kids ... the head catechist kept telling me to "move on with the times" & just go with the modernistic flow ... but screw it, the kids are precious. You are not alone, Serviam! :)

Serviam

Quote from: ServusMariae on September 29, 2017, 08:33:57 AM
Why, thank you for noticing this forum & signing up. Glad to welcome you here! ^_^ (*throws party confetti*)

Anyway, I gotta admit: once upon a time I was a Special Needs catechist in a Novus Ordo parish & I too almost got kicked out for being too "backwards/old-fashioned/traditional" in my catechesis with the kids ... the head catechist kept telling me to "move on with the times" & just go with the modernistic flow ... but screw it, the kids are precious. You are not alone, Serviam! :)

Funny, I'm also doing Catechesis and yes... it will focus very much on tradition and other "backwards/old-fashioned" Catholic teaching. Let's see how it fares for me.

If you have any suggestions on what to cover do let me know.

Also, thank you all for the warm welcome!

Michael Wilson

Welcome to the forum! I am also an "ex-seminarian" (was at the SSPX seminary for less than 24 hours!); I hope you enjoy it here and I look forward to your contributions.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Carleendiane

Quote from: Michael Wilson on September 30, 2017, 11:21:59 AM
Welcome to the forum! I am also an "ex-seminarian" (was at the SSPX seminary for less than 24 hours!); I hope you enjoy it here and I look forward to your contributions.

:swoon2:    :lol: :lol:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

great username

welcome and feel free to de-lurk and jump in the conversation

how close are you to getting ordained
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Serviam

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 30, 2017, 11:33:24 AM
great username

welcome and feel free to de-lurk and jump in the conversation

how close are you to getting ordained

A great gulf separates me from ordination, I am nowhere close to being worthy of becoming a Priest, my numerous shortcomings, lack in conviction and doubts, then add to that the fact we don't have the TLM in my country, a seminary nor a Bishop willing to ever have me.

Luckily for me, if it is God's will that I serve him as a Priest, it shall be so. Maybe... 7-8 years?

Regina Caeli

Welcome, Serviam!

May I ask what country you are in?

Serviam

Quote from: Regina Caeli on September 30, 2017, 01:02:08 PM
Welcome, Serviam!

May I ask what country you are in?

In the cold and dark of Iceland, N-europe.

Regina Caeli

I imagine there aren't many Catholics at all in Iceland, much less Traditionalists. However did you find the Faith? I think Our Lord must have called you, Serviam. I would love to hear your story some time.

Serviam

Well I'd be more than happy to share it with you, if you have any interest.