New Forum! For Okie Trads and Beyond

Started by christulsa, September 16, 2017, 11:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

OkieTradCats Discussion Forum

Focus is traditional Catholicism from the perspective of Oklahoma.

Are you an Okie Trad?  Visit here, but all are welcome.

SD is plugged there.

Spread the word!

Discussed here:

--URLs removed by KK

Kaesekopf

Are there really that many trads in Oklahoma to warrant a whole forum?  :lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gardener

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 16, 2017, 07:12:18 PM

Potentially.

----
christulsa, should contact Oremus Press (and perhaps mention them on the forum?)

They're an OK based traddy news paper.

the June 2017 edition was all about Oklahoma and the Faith.

http://www.oremuspress.com/
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Chestertonian

glad to see you back chris
i have read that the area around Clear Creek is like trad-sylvania

lots of benedict option people
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

christulsa

About 750

Clear Creek:  150 (monks, sisters, laity)

St Peter and Paul Tulsa:  100

FSSP Tulsa:  150

SSPX Tulsa:  50

FSSP OKC:  150

SSPX OKC:  100

Etc (tiny sede chapel, a daily TLM in OKC):  50

(I guesstimate 10,000 more closet trads.   4 million Okies x 10% Catholic x 5% orthodox x 50% tradition-minded)

:thumbsup:

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

christulsa

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 16, 2017, 09:02:25 PM
glad to see you back chris
i have read that the area around Clear Creek is like trad-sylvania

lots of benedict option people

Exactly.  Its a good place if you can work from home or travel.  Lots of good people, but definitely a motley crew.  I need to visit when Fall colors come out

A guy out there has a famous blog:  The Catholic Gentleman.  Hails from Wisconsin.  Sam Guzman

christulsa

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 16, 2017, 09:23:11 PM
Impressive.

You should sign up KK.  You're old comrade Laramie Hirsch registered today!  :)

But we allow cussing.  Hope that's okay.   ;D

Kaesekopf

Quote from: christulsa on September 16, 2017, 09:29:01 PM
A guy out there has a famous blog:  The Catholic Gentleman.  Hails from Wisconsin.  Sam Guzman

Yep.  He went to the same church as me.

Gardener

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 16, 2017, 09:51:06 PM
Quote from: christulsa on September 16, 2017, 09:29:01 PM

Yep.  He went to the same church as me.

He was my neighbor in Colorado Springs in an apartment complex, before I converted. After I converted, I stumbled upon his blog and went, "Hey! I knew that guy!"

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

christulsa

Quote from: Gardener on September 16, 2017, 08:58:25 PM

Potentially.

----
christulsa, should contact Oremus Press (and perhaps mention them on the forum?)

They're an OK based traddy news paper.

the June 2017 edition was all about Oklahoma and the Faith.

http://www.oremuspress.com/

I had no idea.  And I know Monica very well back in the days Id drive to OKC to chase trad girls in FSSP circles.  Didn't chase her, but hung out a lot at their house.

I added their site to the Forum.  Thx Gardener

christulsa

Pace was permabanned.  Man.   Yeees, his post (s) tends to be kinda weird and ill worded.  Guess that makes him a L? 

The guy was just talking about why NO priests arent calling You Know What a mortal sin.  We are all a bit weird.  I guess it's because he used the M word.

How did that get turned around?

And where did he insult a "good bishop?"  Lol.  Lol. 

Wtf.  Shyte.  Dayam.  Horse shyte.  Crappola.  Hershey squirts. 

Ya'll gotta check out Okie Trad Cats Forum.  Its above the belt, but frank and real.  Think debating as friends over a pint.  No cliques or groupthink.   

Kaesekopf

Quote from: christulsa on September 17, 2017, 12:57:15 AM
Pace was permabanned.  Man.   Yeees, his post (s) tends to be kinda weird and ill worded.  Guess that makes him a L? 

The guy was just talking about why NO priests arent calling You Know What a mortal sin.  We are all a bit weird.  I guess it's because he used the M word.

Ya'll gotta check out Okie Trad Cats Forum.  Its above the belt, but frank and real.  Think debating as friends over a pint.  No cliques or groupthink.

He was repeatedly warned for his incomprehensibility.  He seemingly attacked Bp Perry in the 10th Anniversary of SP thread.  He was routinely graphic in his postings.

I think that you're willing to roll around in the muck just to mock me shows what class of person you are.  That you shill for your forum while crapping all over mine is even more revealing.

Weren't you supposed to leave nearly a month ago?  "I'm following the example of others and leaving the forum."

Kaesekopf

Its above the belt, but frank and real.  Think debating as friends over a pint.  No cliques or groupthink.

Moderation is very loose here.  I leave it up to posters, for the most part, to hash out their differences.  That grown adults can't come to a resolution over something betrays a fault more about themselves than me, especially since a lot of you are older than me.  We've always had a casual atmosphere here and I try to err on the side of 'open' rather than clamping down on discussion.  When someone is a repeated nuisance and has shown no desire to change, that's not my fault. 

I don't know if the 'clique or groupthink' comment is an attack on me, but I don't really see how this applies here if it is.  We've got a wide array of Catholics posting here, and they all duke it out.  It makes for an exciting atmosphere, and at least an engaging one.  Just a quick perusal of this forum shows that there isn't much groupthink going on here.

christulsa

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 17, 2017, 10:33:43 PM

He was repeatedly warned for his incomprehensibility.  He seemingly attacked Bp Perry in the 10th Anniversary of SP thread.  He was routinely graphic in his postings.

I think that you're willing to roll around in the muck just to mock me shows what class of person you are.  That you shill for your forum while crapping all over mine is even more revealing.

Weren't you supposed to leave nearly a month ago?  "I'm following the example of others and leaving the forum."

If you're going to ban someone for incomprehensibity (really?), then you should ban yourself.  Half your posts are incomprehensible.