Just Used Skype for the First Time

Started by Bernadette, September 18, 2014, 02:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

I feel so technologically literate, now!  :lol: It was pretty cool, but I was talking to my dad, so that wasn't all that fun.  :P Anybody else on Skype (not trying to add you guys to my contacts, just curious. ;))

I love this new laptop! I'm going to try to do a one-minute test for Librivox next.  ;D
My Lord and my God.

Jayne

I want to learn how to do this for talking to my grandchildren that live far away. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Kaesekopf

I used to use skype, but I havent done much webchatting lately.  Also used google+ hangouts a buuuuuuuuuuuunch. 

Its fun stuff, technology.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

I used to skype with my daughter when she was in Australia but that was a while ago.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

Quote from: Jayne on September 18, 2014, 02:24:46 PM
I want to learn how to do this for talking to my grandchildren that live far away. 

It was really easy for me, since this little Asus laptop has a built-in camera and microphone. But I'm sure that there are videos on Youtube that can walk you through setting up a regular camera and microphone if necessary. I really love that the service is free, too!
My Lord and my God.

Jayne

It's good to hear that it is easy.  I am not very good with technology.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

piabee

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on September 18, 2014, 02:59:53 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 18, 2014, 02:35:26 PM
Also used google+ hangouts a buuuuuuuuuuuunch.

SD hangout?
We've only had a few sd hangouts, right?  I remember doing one with you and your sister and some others for the super bowl.  I think?

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

piabee

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 18, 2014, 03:01:27 PM

We've only had a few sd hangouts, right?

My question implied "Let's schedule one."

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on September 18, 2014, 03:28:02 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 18, 2014, 03:01:27 PM

We've only had a few sd hangouts, right?

My question implied "Let's schedule one."

I thought so.  :)

When are you thinking? 

I miss the old G+ hangouts.  I wonder if my computer can handle them...  it could hardly do so before....  >.> 

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

piabee

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 18, 2014, 03:34:48 PM

When are you thinking? 

Tomorrow night? Too short notice? Am I the only person lame enough to be home on a Friday night?

Lynne

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 18, 2014, 03:42:59 PM
We use oovoo

I like oovoo too. Actually, at the time, oovoo was more stable than Skype.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

The Curt Jester

I've used Skype for quite awhile now, first to aid in working on a site/server with the others involved and now just to chat with certain people.  It's useful and it saves on phone bills.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on September 18, 2014, 04:32:01 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 18, 2014, 03:34:48 PM

When are you thinking? 

Tomorrow night? Too short notice? Am I the only person lame enough to be home on a Friday night?
How late?  Im booked til about ten or 11 eastern.