Nerve Gas in England

Started by james03, March 18, 2018, 08:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

Greg, What's the scoop on the attack?  Here's what stands out:

1.  The spy was in a Russian prison for a few years and was released during a spy swap.  The russians could have killed him then.

2.  The attack was extremely sloppy, with bystanders injured.  Doesn't seem like something a professional organization would do.  They are even careful when they kill with a car bomb.

3.  Makes zero political sense for Putin to kill an old spy.

Thoughts?
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

martin88nyc

Fals flag operation. They are masters of deception.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Heinrich

I agree it is a piling on and an inside job meant to give more casus belli. It also distracts from Clinton crimes.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Greg

Not sure.  But I don't see how it serves Russia's interests to attempt to kill him.

Might be Ukraine or Israel, USA or U.K. that poisoned him.

If Russia wanted him dead he would be dead.

Lots of Brits don't believe the narritve.  They remember Blair's "dodgy dossier"

Read the comments on forums, minor news sites etc
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Greg on March 18, 2018, 10:57:52 PM

Any recommendations?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

LausTibiChriste

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Larry

All of the outrage is fake anyway. We do this all the time, so does every "civilized" county.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Greg

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 18, 2018, 11:59:03 PM

Any recommendations?

Any forum where the posters are intelligent.  Astronomers Forum, lawyers forum, pilots forum etc
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

diaduit

Well daily.mail commenter's are mostly gunning for Russia over this.
Spies have been killed since the dawn of day, we've been making films on spies killing each other for decades. What's the big deal?

False flag as Martin says.  Corbyn is the only one saying that evidence is needed first. 

Jacob

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

red solo cup

On NPR this a.m. a Russian spokesman said that Russia long ago got rid of their stock of novichok. He also said the only govt. stockpiling it is the US.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Greg on March 19, 2018, 01:18:48 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 18, 2018, 11:59:03 PM

Any recommendations?

Any forum where the posters are intelligent.  Astronomers Forum, lawyers forum, pilots forum etc

Pilots are intelligent?

- MaximGun

Kirin

Quote from: james03 on March 18, 2018, 08:38:19 PM

1.  The spy was in a Russian prison for a few years and was released during a spy swap.  The russians could have killed him then.

2.  The attack was extremely sloppy, with bystanders injured.  Doesn't seem like something a professional organization would do.  They are even careful when they kill with a car bomb.

Thoughts?

I think it makes plenty of sense for Putin to go after a spy, especially several years after.

It shows nobody can escape the vengeful hand of Russia and eventually Putin can take down whoever he feels like taking down at his leisure.

What a marvellous way to discourage new spies; "Mess with me and I'll murder you and your family when you least expect it".

Heinrich

Did you know that your handle rhymes with "sarin"?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Aquila

Quote from: Kirin on March 23, 2018, 11:43:12 AM
Quote from: james03 on March 18, 2018, 08:38:19 PM

Thoughts?

I think it makes plenty of sense for Putin to go after a spy, especially several years after.

It shows nobody can escape the vengeful hand of Russia and eventually Putin can take down whoever he feels like taking down at his leisure.

What a marvellous way to discourage new spies; "Mess with me and I'll murder you and your family when you least expect it".

I don't think Putin is that dumb. Too little to gain, too much to lose. Unless Putin wants to simply humiliate the toothless British ("Oi, we ahn't goin' to send the Royals to tha World Cup! Take that!" Please...) and flex some muscle, but it's still an awful lot of risk for minimal gain.

My guess is that it was not the Russian government. There's still a lot of unsecured former Soviet weapons floating about the black market. My guess is that this was an unapproved hit by current or former GRU operatives, probably ultra-nationalists in the mold of Zhirinovsky (who makes Putin sound positively liberal sane) upset about the spy swap and wanting to mete out some unmistakable justice.

Edit: updated to clarify: Putin's not a liberal. Putin is sane compared to Zhirinovsky (who once asked his aides to rape a journalist who asked him a question at a press conference, and whose solution to bird flu was to have the military shoot all of the birds. As in, all of them)
Extra SSPX Nulla Salus.
Dogmatic Sedeplenist.