Two new results in politics

Started by Scowler, March 15, 2018, 07:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 20, 2018, 11:10:06 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on March 20, 2018, 09:07:06 AM
Why do you continue to troll here?

Good question.
He continues to troll because he gets to massage his ego.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Scowler

Quote from: Heinrich on March 20, 2018, 12:49:00 PM
Have you ever lived or even been to Switzerland?

Yes. Also lived in Europe and traveled in Europe. What of it?

Their well regulated militia prevented a Nazi invasion, which you conveniently failed to concede earlier.

There was no invasion either real or planned.

Same concept is universal, whether it be in the US, South Africa, or Somalia(ever see Blackhawk Down). Quite simply, Scowler, the reason guns are a problem is that society's weltanschaaung is like yours: without Christ.

As if being a firm believer in Christ would prevent the use of weapons. Do you remember the bloody fight between the Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland?

-----------------------

Quote from: MilesChristi on March 20, 2018, 03:11:29 PM
Better than not being able to defend ourselves from rioters or a tyrannical government

The blood of others is always cheap. You would deserve to have you loved ones to get mowed down in some senseless shooting.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Scowler on March 20, 2018, 06:14:32 PM
You would deserve to have you loved ones to get mowed down in some senseless shooting.

Charming.

Heinrich

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 20, 2018, 06:25:42 PM
You would deserve to have you loved ones to get mowed down in some senseless shooting.

Charming.

Scowler really thinks he has the moral advantage. Nero would have loved him.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Scowler

Quote from: Heinrich on March 20, 2018, 06:27:41 PM
Scowler really thinks he has the moral advantage.

Yes, I think I do. Because I care about the next batch of the slaughtered students, and you don't. You don't care that the sociopaths will get easy access to weapons (look at the gun shows), you only care that you might be forced to wait a few days due to some background check. (Who knows, you might even fail that background check? I would not be surprised.)

Quote from: Heinrich on March 20, 2018, 06:27:41 PM
Nero would have loved him.

Looks like that your knowledge of history (and the Bible) is very deficient. It is your kind which loves violence. I am still a pacifist, just like Jesus, who taught "turn the other cheek", and "do not resist evil" and "those who live by the sword, will die by the sword". Yes, I think I am a better Christian than you are. Which does not say a whole lot. ;)

Kaesekopf

Scowler has been permanently banned for mocking Catholicism and God, vulgar posting, and promoting error.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MilesChristi

Have you ever lived or even been to Switzerland?

Yes. Also lived in Europe and traveled in Europe. What of it?

Their well regulated militia prevented a Nazi invasion, which you conveniently failed to concede earlier.

There was no invasion either real or planned.

Same concept is universal, whether it be in the US, South Africa, or Somalia(ever see Blackhawk Down). Quite simply, Scowler, the reason guns are a problem is that society's weltanschaaung is like yours: without Christ.

As if being a firm believer in Christ would prevent the use of weapons. Do you remember the bloody fight between the Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland?

-----------------------

Quote from: MilesChristi on March 20, 2018, 03:11:29 PM
Better than not being able to defend ourselves from rioters or a tyrannical government

The blood of others is always cheap. You would deserve to have you loved ones to get mowed down in some senseless shooting.

I don't want to rail on him after he's gone, but there's literally blood on both sides of the issue. I admit on his side, it is actual blood, and on mine merely potential blood. I just argue that such a tyrannical move from the government can end up shedding more blood or taking much more than all these random victims in these shootings.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

ServusMariae

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 20, 2018, 08:47:42 PM
Scowler has been permanently banned for mocking Catholicism and God, vulgar posting, and promoting error.

Thank goodness ... I thought Scowler was an innocently nice guy at first ... but turns out he isn't after all. Gonna pray for his soul anyway. He needs alot. :pray2:

PerEvangelicaDicta

A dear and brilliant Catholic friend (R.I.P.) had a PhD and specialized in addictions therapy.  We had many, many family dinners together, and he would emphasize over and over that dysfunction is never static, it may plateau, but it slowly, steadily advances.

He would also speak about the nature of dysfunction and how it applies to all manner of the abnormal, physical and psychological.  No peace can be found (thus worldly distractions are imperative) and the dysfunction continues to erode the person's psyche. 

This pertains to people like Scowler who venture down the slippery slope of other gods, joining the ranks of the ugly with their war cry "non serviam".

I came to see poignant vulnerability with Scowler, despite his pride, and began to pray in earnest for him.  He sure was determined to remain blind.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Heinrich

His posts made for easy pickens due to the contradictions and errors, both factually and philosophically. He came here for a reason, and now he will have the advantage of our prayers.  :pray2:
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.