Notifications from SD are being marked as spam

Started by Lynne, January 18, 2018, 08:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

This is annoying...

QuoteWhy is this message in Spam? We've found that lots of messages from server13.hostwhitelabel.com are spam.

Even though I have SD's email address in my contacts list.

Thanks, gmail!

So, check your spam folder for any notifications from SD.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

Thanks Lynne!  I'm in the middle of a serious e-mail melt down over here, so I'll check for that too.  I'm just at step one though (Step One - Know you have a problem, Step Two - Cry because you don't know how to fix it   :'( :laugh: ).
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Gardener

Glad to know it's not just me. However, I do not rely on notifications for awareness of PM's. I just log in and see new PMs and read them :)
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Lynne

Quote from: Gardener on January 18, 2018, 09:34:17 AM
Glad to know it's not just me. However, I do not rely on notifications for awareness of PM's. I just log in and see new PMs and read them :)

I'm not on here every day any more...  :'(

I've gotten really busy at work.  I know, world's smallest violin...  :violin:   ::)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Daniel

I could be wrong, but I think that the white list and the contacts list are two separate lists.

edit - Yeah, what you need to do is set up a filter for Suscipe Domine's address, and check off "never send to spam". And I think they won't end up in your spam folder.

Lynne

Quote from: Daniel on January 18, 2018, 11:31:56 AM
I could be wrong, but I think that the white list and the contacts list are two separate lists.

edit - Yeah, what you need to do is set up a filter for Suscipe Domine's address, and check off "never send to spam". And I think they won't end up in your spam folder.

Thank you!

MundaCorMeum

I very rarely get PM's, so no problem here  :P 

Gardener

It seems this issue is no longer occurring.

I wonder if it had/has something to do with the title? All the ones I had blocked said things like "Secret Santa" in the title. Might have tripped some google sensors for Spam.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Lynne

Quote from: Gardener on January 25, 2018, 06:26:17 AM
It seems this issue is no longer occurring.

I wonder if it had/has something to do with the title? All the ones I had blocked said things like "Secret Santa" in the title. Might have tripped some google sensors for Spam.

Interesting point/possible connection but I'll probably leave my filter in place (because I'm lazy)...

Jayne

I had around a dozen PMs with a bunch of different subject lines go to spam and didn't see any real pattern.  It seemed to start with the new year, so my first thought was a date triggered change.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Kaesekopf

No idea what would've caused this.

But, it is more reason for y'all to come here more often...  :lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.