How Old Are You?

Started by MiserereDomine, May 24, 2017, 04:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

Quote from: Lynne on May 27, 2017, 03:32:26 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on May 27, 2017, 02:35:31 PM
5'7". 170 lbs. C'mon ladies, your turn. 8)

<thread killer>
:lol:  He flew too close to the sun on this one, didn't he?  Nice try though.   :topic:  /I've always wanted to use that emoji
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Boccaccio

in solidarity, 6'2", ~200lbs

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

5' 3 1/2 height. Weight?  Guess.And don't go by bus size.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MiserereDomine

5 foot 8 (173 cm)
155 lbs (70 kg)

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christina_S

"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Non Nobis

5'7", and recently lost 20lbs  :D .  What's left I'm not saying.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Non Nobis

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 26, 2017, 11:12:44 PM
Thanks dymphna!
When I look in the mirror I see an old man staring back at me. I thought you were much younger than me.

One day you'll forget all about this discussion. Won't you be startled when you look in the mirror... and see Fr. Fahey staring back at you?
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Non Nobis on May 29, 2017, 04:19:52 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 26, 2017, 11:12:44 PM
Thanks dymphna!
When I look in the mirror I see an old man staring back at me. I thought you were much younger than me.

One day you'll forget all about this discussion. Won't you be startled when you look in the mirror... and see Fr. Fahey staring back at you?
I'll probably faint if I see Fr. Fahey staring back at me!  :laugh:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Obrien

Carleendiane

Quote from: Christina_S on May 29, 2017, 12:27:25 PM
5'6". 160 lbs.  8) 8)

Christina, you are just so good, I see all the time why I like you so much! I will never reveal this info about me.Way too vain.  :(
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Christina_S

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 29, 2017, 08:30:22 PM
Quote from: Christina_S on May 29, 2017, 12:27:25 PM
5'6". 160 lbs.  8) 8)

Christina, you are just so good, I see all the time why I like you so much! I will never reveal this info about me.Way too vain.  :(
Honestly, this has been my year for caring less and less what people think of me.  It's a continuing trend  ;D
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

orate

5' 2" eyes of blue.  Lost 60 lbs since last August and still morbidly obese.  That's all I'm saying!
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Armor of Light

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 26, 2017, 08:03:11 PM
Quote from: Armor of Light on May 26, 2017, 01:17:59 PM
I identify as 25, but my 51st birthday is approaching.

No way. You look to be about 30 in your pic, Armor. Maybe 25. Maybe.

Well, that is Evander Holyfield in his prime. I'm a 6'4" 275# white guy!
If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned.

Thomas à Kempis