Play stupid games, win stupid prizes - police bodycam

Started by Gardener, May 17, 2017, 08:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Yes. Generally, a deadly confrontation will be close and quick. The problem with self defense is it can be "what if"ed to death with no resolution.

I like to suggest that people break things down into sections.

For pistol, rifle, etc., if one is working on say... mag changes, they focus on mag changes and THEN integrate that into their other practice. So they wouldn't be practicing draw engage mag change until they've done each individually.

The thing about a knife is someone is getting cut. If both parties have knives the non-aggressor can expect to be cut. The general rule is someone can close 21 feet before the victim can draw and fire. So yes, hand to hand and knife training is good.

Adding movement changes things a lot too. It's easy to get to a quick mag change pace while comfortable. It's easy to feel like a moron when doing so with stress and movement involved. On that note, I run with the philosophy of eject the mag and worry about the new mag only. Can always pick them up later.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on May 28, 2017, 04:00:19 PM
The thing about a knife is someone is getting cut. If both parties have knives the non-aggressor can expect to be cut.

Very true and very good point. Yet the non aggressor, with proper training will be treated and released, while the aggressor will not.

As far as rapid mag change, that is a combat field skill I and most people will never know anything about.

Say you and I, the Scotsman and Spec Op-super-trainer-SOCOM C.M. are getting a bite to eat at the Citadel Mall(a real stretch here), and some thuglians start a riot and have "they nines." We could probably expect a wild west scenario where rapid fire and movement will dictate defeat or victory. Having the standard EPCSO 47 rds. in three clips will go fast. Each lead displacement would be key. Id est, disciplina: ziel klein, verpassen klein.

Btw, CM broke down the videos from the Dallas situation last summer and said those cops' combat skills got them killed. Meaning they really didn't have any. I would speculate right that lowering standards would be the reason.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

INPEFESS

Quote from: Gardener on May 28, 2017, 04:00:19 PM
Yes. Generally, a deadly confrontation will be close and quick. The problem with self defense is it can be "what if"ed to death with no resolution.

I like to suggest that people break things down into sections.

For pistol, rifle, etc., if one is working on say... mag changes, they focus on mag changes and THEN integrate that into their other practice. So they wouldn't be practicing draw engage mag change until they've done each individually.

The thing about a knife is someone is getting cut. If both parties have knives the non-aggressor can expect to be cut. The general rule is someone can close 21 feet before the victim can draw and fire. So yes, hand to hand and knife training is good.

Adding movement changes things a lot too. It's easy to get to a quick mag change pace while comfortable. It's easy to feel like a moron when doing so with stress and movement involved. On that note, I run with the philosophy of eject the mag and worry about the new mag only. Can always pick them up later.

It's the most practical, in my opinion, because in a fire fight you need to eliminate as much of the white noise of thoughts as possible to stay focused on the threat. If you're counting the number of rounds left in your mag or concerning yourself with mag retention, you're not as focused on staying alive as you should be.
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<