Author Topic: Language Resource Jackpot!  (Read 217 times)

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Language Resource Jackpot!
« on: April 12, 2017, 07:50:16 AM »
Learnoutloud has provided these language learning programs for FREE! German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and way more. 62 programs in all (many being different levels of a particular language). Enjoy!

http://www.learnoutloud.com/publisher_retailer.php#Penton-Overseas
St. Therese, pray for me. You who knew such dryness and spiritual anguish, take pity on me.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce." A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act III Scene ii

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian, Prayerful, queen.saints, martin88nyc

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Language Resource Jackpot!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 11:12:52 AM »
Page Not Found

Sorry. The Web Page You're Trying to Access Could Not Be Loaded. Please Click Back and Try Loading the Page Again.
 :(

Correction: I found it manually.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 11:30:55 AM by martin88nyc »
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The following users thanked this post: Prayerful

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 11:18:18 AM »
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

The following users thanked this post: Bernadette, Maximilian

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 03:29:22 PM »
Also, I've rediscovered Duolingo. So much fun!  ;D They're planning to roll out a Japanese course in May. :) Currently I'm studying Spanish and French, but might branch out into Russian and German at some point.
St. Therese, pray for me. You who knew such dryness and spiritual anguish, take pity on me.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce." A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act III Scene ii

Offline ludimagister

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Vizekorporal
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 12:49:00 PM »
Also, I've rediscovered Duolingo. So much fun!  ;D They're planning to roll out a Japanese course in May. :) Currently I'm studying Spanish and French, but might branch out into Russian and German at some point.

Yes, Duolingo is good because the target setting gives you a competitive incentive.

Can you study two languages on the same app (at different times obviously)? I haven't worked out how.

Offline Heinrich

• Der hat einen Rosenkranz und steht jetzt als Arbeiter bei
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • "Hebst du doch, Geck?" Schlank und eisig.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »
Bernadette, what languages, other than English, do you speak fluently? What is your degree?
Pray for the Consecration.                           
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Bear in mind that the more the enemy assaults you, God is closer to your soul." --St. Padre Pio

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 08:23:25 PM »
Bernadette, what languages, other than English, do you speak fluently? What is your degree?

I've studied Spanish, French, and Italian to a level of being comfortable with them, but they're rusty. I studied classical Latin and Greek (simultaneously) in college, but they're both so rusty that they're practically useless. Now my current obsession is Japanese, but I know that Spanish will be more practically useful, so I'm trying to resurrect it. There was Esperanto, in my teens, but I got over that quickly.  ::) :P

I've never been tested for proficiency in any of these, so I don't know how I'd hold up IRL.  :shrug: I never completed a degree; I was just getting ready to declare a major (English) when life intervened.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:54:44 AM by Bernadette »

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich