Author Topic: Got a Bachelor's? Teach English Online for up to $22/hr (Set your own hours)  (Read 547 times)

Offline OzarkCatholic

• Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Catholic
My wife taught at a school for 3 years but does not have a bachelors degree. Would she be able to still interview? She has been looking for a way to make extra income for a while now.

Not 100% sure... If she signs up, send me a pm with email and some info on exp, and I can message HR about her before auto rejection for no degree. They may make an exception.

The following users thanked this post: Bl. Karl Hapsburg

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
 :censor: I could totally do this, if I had a degree. Never mind that I've taught high school grammar and English as a second language.

Might be time to seriously consider going back to school...Hmmm...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:59:49 PM by Bernadette »
My Jesus, I am willing to suffer anything for you. Help me not to think of myself, but only of your will.

"[T]he soul's progress does not consist in thinking much, but in loving much. How does one acquire this love? By being determined to work and to suffer, and to do so when the occasion arises. (St. Teresa of Avila, Book of the Foundations, 5:3. Emphasis added.)"

My God, I knew you from the age of seven; and the moment I knew you, I loved you. Stay with me.

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
:censor: I could totally do this, if I had a degree. Never mind that I've taught high school grammar and English as a second language.

http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/Smileys/fishy/hmmm.gif
Yeah I agree. So many Chinese kids to teach. It might even take a polish immigrant to  pull this off.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine

Your tag is wrong.  :lol:  So close, but ....
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann

Your tag is wrong.  :lol:  So close, but ....
Note that I didn't say I'd ever taught any coding/tech stuff. Lol. I love Shakespeare and the D-R Bible for a reason, you know.  ::) :P
My Jesus, I am willing to suffer anything for you. Help me not to think of myself, but only of your will.

"[T]he soul's progress does not consist in thinking much, but in loving much. How does one acquire this love? By being determined to work and to suffer, and to do so when the occasion arises. (St. Teresa of Avila, Book of the Foundations, 5:3. Emphasis added.)"

My God, I knew you from the age of seven; and the moment I knew you, I loved you. Stay with me.

Offline ABlaine

• Vizekorporal
If this is the kind of thing that interests you all:

Check out italki. If you don't have a bachelor's it's not a big deal, they're going to want you to get a TEFL anyway (costs a couple hundred dollars). The rates seem a little better than what you're seeing in this thread, but you're mostly going to be working with college and grad school russians, chinese, japanese, and europeans.

A friend of mine actually covers all of his living expense doing this 20 hours per week at 24 dollars per hour (he lives in Russia at the moment so his living expenses are practically non existent).

Just another thought for those of you that are interested in this kind of thing.

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
If this is the kind of thing that interests you all:

Check out italki. If you don't have a bachlor's it's not a big deal, they're going to want you to get a TEFL anyway (costs a couple hundred dollars).

Yes, this sounds excellent! I want to do this so badly!  ;D  And it really doesn't look that expensive to do: a well rounded course for about $500, according to Google. And if the assessment that I took through my local community college's website is anything to go by, I should do well in an online course. :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:49:36 PM by Bernadette »

Offline PerEvangelicaDicta

• Wachtmeister
Much less expensive than that, Bernadette, online, and with proper accreditation:
https://www.globaltefl.uk.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Bernadette, ABlaine