It's 4:00 AM And All Is Well

Started by dymphna17, October 11, 2016, 03:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deirdre

:seeya: Morning, all! Tea's brewed and the world is good. :coffee:
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Sleepio!  Sleepio!  Where for art thou, Sleepio?!  It's 4:15 and I sit here waiting.  And waiting.  I now know why lobotomies work.  They take the part that cares and throw it out the window.  Is envying the sleeping the same as envying the dead?  Nobody up except me and the President.  Now there's a kick in the pants!  Hahahaha

OK all you sleepers, go out and enjoy the fresh air today.  And please remember your fellow SD posters and lurkers in your prayers today.  We all need all the help we can get! 
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 28, 2017, 03:32:48 AM
Sleepio!  Sleepio!  Where for art thou, Sleepio?!  It's 4:15 and I sit here waiting.  And waiting.  I now know why lobotomies work.  They take the part that cares and throw it out the window.  Is envying the sleeping the same as envying the dead?  Nobody up except me and the President.  Now there's a kick in the pants!  Hahahaha

OK all you sleepers, go out and enjoy the fresh air today.  And please remember your fellow SD posters and lurkers in your prayers today.  We all need all the help we can get!

Thanks for calling us to prayer dymph. Remember to pray for our pres. I do hope you get some sleep today dymphna.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Ah, yes, 4:00 am.  So we meet again!  We are going to have to stop this or the part that normally tells my brain to sleep at a decent hour will become suspicious.  That wouldn't be good for either of us.  You know I don't have the strength to stop!  I am too weak against your powers.  You are going to have to stop showing up at my house.  If you care anything about me, just stop.  Let me go on to have  a somewhat normal life.  You know it's what is best for both of us.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 06, 2017, 03:00:18 AM
Ah, yes, 4:00 am.  So we meet again!  We are going to have to stop this or the part that normally tells my brain to sleep at a decent hour will become suspicious.  That wouldn't be good for either of us.  You know I don't have the strength to stop!  I am too weak against your powers.  You are going to have to stop showing up at my house.  If you care anything about me, just stop.  Let me go on to have  a somewhat normal life.  You know it's what is best for both of us.

Oh wow dymphna, who are you talking to??????
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 06, 2017, 06:58:05 AM

I was talking to 4:00 am, but I don't think it did any good.   :lol:  And yes, I am a bit of a head case.   :crazy2: :whistling: 8)
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 06, 2017, 07:02:45 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 06, 2017, 06:58:05 AM

I was talking to 4:00 am, but I don't think it did any good.   :lol:  And yes, I am a bit of a head case.   :crazy2: :whistling: 8)

Now..that makes perfect sense. Dymph, you are no headcase, except when you are!

dymphna17

OK, it's 5:00 am instead of 4.  So sue me.  I was busy with other things at 4:00 am.  There's nothing like a good old fashioned barf session at 4:00 in the morning to remind you that you are not in control of your life like you wish you were.  Ashes to ashes and dust to dust...  Too bad I can't get my stupid head to just explode and be done with it.  Oh, well, it's Lent.  I guess God appreciates the way my head throbs to the beat of my heart.  Thy will be done, Lord, not mine.  Even at 4:00 am.   :pray3:  I need to find an emoji of an exploding head.  How cool would that be?   :lol:  Hey, this is close   :banghead:  :lol:
?

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Deirdre

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 09, 2017, 04:13:39 AM
I need to find an emoji of an exploding head.  How cool would that be?   :lol:  Hey, this is close   :banghead:  :lol:
The Incorruptibles forum used to have the best one. It was actually a little gif, and the cloud that came up from it took about 4 lines! Lol! Now, the closest I can find is this:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Now Dymphna, I don't want to see you prowling around doing inspections tonight. We will be just fine if you sleep through the night. Ches will get turned, Martin will settle in, Bird will obey her auntie, and my sheep will stay in their fencing. It's OK if you actually go to sleep at a reasonable time.

dymphna17

I really am trying.  Let's see, it's 11:30!  Oh no!  11:30 is the gateway time for 4:00 am rides.  You'll be doing something only mildly interesting and BOOM!  11:30 pm arrives in style and right on time, everything suddenly turns very interesting.  That video game heats up with all the winning you are doing, the book you are reading suddenly gets to where you can't stop, the music you were playing or listening to suddenly becomes a rhapsody, that beer or glass of wine you were having is suddenly so good that you need, no you deserve another!  And before you all know it, it's 4:00 am and there is nothing you can do about it.  Come on people!  Resist the urge!  Go to bed, say another rosary, GO TO SLEEP!  Even perfect friends need sleep!   

Friends let Friends Sleep

Just say "NO" to 11:30 pm the gateway time to 4:00 am
?

dymphna17

I'm going to rename this thread, the "It's 5:30 AM and all is Well".  Although I haven't been to sleep yet (seems we've gained a few more people which require a little more looking after) 4:00 am slips right by and I don't look at the clock until right around 5:20 - 5:30 am.  So there you have it.  All is well.  Be back after bit, I've got a project I'm working on.  Morning prayers first though!   :pray3:
?

Deirdre

4:30 seems to be my new favorite time to get up!  :lol: Like the woman in Silas Marner, Dolly Winthrop.  :P Here's hoping I take after her in other, more substantial ways, as well.

My Lord and my God.