Spontaneous combustion

Started by martin88nyc, August 22, 2018, 12:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

What do you think of spontaneous combustion? Yesterday I bought a book about unexplained mysteries and a whole chapter is dedicated to SC. I've never given it much thought but now my curiosity is much stronger and I wonder whether there is anything supernatural about it. What are your thoughts?
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Vetus Ordo

No combustion can be spontaneous.

There's always a source of ignition, even if apparently we can't find one.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on August 22, 2018, 03:05:10 PM

I know but this is the name this phenomenon was given
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Heinrich

Kinda like Mrs. H when I buy a new firearm.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on August 23, 2018, 07:10:40 PM

Kinda like Mrs. H when I buy a new firearm.

"Don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them"
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe