A Norwegian Retelling of the Song of Roland

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, August 23, 2016, 11:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Stella Maris

Virkelig episk! Snakker dere norsk, Fleur og Heinrich? Jeg kan bare litt.

Heinrich

Quote from: Stella Maris on September 23, 2016, 10:24:22 AM
Virkelig episk! Snakker dere norsk, Fleur og Heinrich? Jeg kan bare litt.

Jeg forstår ikke norsk. Jeg har brukt Google. Min bestefar kommer fra Norge.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Stella Maris

I have Norman French ancestry, so there are Vikings in my lineage somewhere. Whether they came from Norway or Denmark I don't know.

Heinrich

Quote from: Stella Maris on September 25, 2016, 03:13:05 PM
I have Norman French ancestry, so there are Vikings in my lineage somewhere. Whether they came from Norway or Denmark I don't know.

My paternal side is Scandinavian. Great grandfather came from Denmark, but with our last name, I suspect he emigrated there from Norway then ultimately to the USA. Seattle and then California.

Optatus

Very cool. I visited Ronceveaux (known locally as Ibañeta) back in 2009, the place where Roland was supposedly slain by pagan Vascones. Interesting that their descendants went on to become some of the fiercest defenders of the Catholic faith in Spain in the 19th-20th century.

Harald Foss is another Norwegian singer I quite like. This song, about the Battle of Stamford Bridge, is a favourite:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YzEA_uQBg4[/yt]

maryslittlegarden

I'm Norwegian and Swedish (with a little bit of German for good measure.) Can understand both Norwegian and Swedish a  bit, but haven't been able to speak it well for a long time.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Stella Maris

Hvorfor ikke komme og snakke med meg i den andre traden? Jeg snakker ikke veldig godt heller, men vi kan ove sammen.