What languages are spoken here?

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, May 14, 2016, 02:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Quote from: Christina_S on May 19, 2016, 08:24:31 PM
Quote from: Ulrich Von Lichtenstein on May 19, 2016, 04:10:08 PM
Quote from: Jayne on May 18, 2016, 07:11:27 AM

At any rate, I have no right to tell anyone to be more humble when I struggle with pride so much myself.  However, I am pleased that you resolve to be more humble, since practically everyone needs to.  :)

You could both learn from me. I am very humble. I am exceedingly humble. One could travel far and wide in this world and still never come across someone quite so magnificently resplendent in brilliant rays of shining humility such as myself. In fact, I take great pride in my humility.

;D
Oh yeah? Bet I can be humbler!

Anything you can be-humble-at, I can be-humbler-at it. Sooner or later, I'm meeker than you! :whistling:
no uou can't!
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Christina_S

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 19, 2016, 09:01:30 PM
Quote from: Christina_S on May 19, 2016, 08:24:31 PM
Quote from: Ulrich Von Lichtenstein on May 19, 2016, 04:10:08 PM
Quote from: Jayne on May 18, 2016, 07:11:27 AM

At any rate, I have no right to tell anyone to be more humble when I struggle with pride so much myself.  However, I am pleased that you resolve to be more humble, since practically everyone needs to.  :)

You could both learn from me. I am very humble. I am exceedingly humble. One could travel far and wide in this world and still never come across someone quite so magnificently resplendent in brilliant rays of shining humility such as myself. In fact, I take great pride in my humility.

;D
Oh yeah? Bet I can be humbler!

Anything you can be-humble-at, I can be-humbler-at it. Sooner or later, I'm meeker than you! :whistling:
no uou can't!
Yes, I can, can, can!
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Neopelagianus

I can speak Tagalog, English, basic Spanish, basic Chabacano (a creole language mixing Spanish and Tagalog), and few French as well as a bit of Italian.

I can read Tagalog, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan, Chabacano, Italian and French, all with varying degrees of comprehensibility.

I could also read and speak a bit of Ecclesiastical Latin, mostly prayers. I can read them in a Spanish, French or Italian accents, depending on the prayers.

I speak English in a distinct Spanish accent nowadays, since I am exposed to a lot of Spanish language shows and music. There was once a period wherein I speak English in Scottish, British, American, or Filipino accents.
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a ?????

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".

Stella Maris

I only speak English and French fluently. But I can generally get by in Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese, less so in German and the Scandinavian languages. I can also read some dead languages, including Latin, of course.  :)