Mornington Crescent

Started by Clare, June 26, 2015, 06:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Chestertonian

im confused

what is amorningtinb crescent
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

LausTibiChriste

I thought it said morning crescent and had something to do about them muzzie folk
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

Quote from: Chestertonian on June 26, 2015, 06:58:04 AM
im confused

Sorry but you don't have a clue.

Uxbridge.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Gardener

Hmm... first word starts with E but 2nd letter is U; second word starts with U and second letter is X. I'm guessing the next word must start with either X or B (3rd letter in 2nd word).

I'll try both to see if I can draw out the pattern:

Xenia, OH.

Bradenton, FL
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Basilios

I can't play it since the legend himself died a few years ago  :'( Humph made the show.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

ludimagister

Quote from: Basilios on June 26, 2015, 03:33:51 PM
I can't play it since the legend himself died a few years ago  :'( Humph made the show.

I see you are a Crescentvacantist, Basilios. I don't share you scruples, so.....

Leicester Square (on the diagonal).

queen.saints

Clever move, but CHARING CROSS

You're hardly an Ignardian.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

ludimagister

I know it's not really my turn but, as there aren't many people around at the moment, I'm invoking Trubshawe's 4th Convention:

Southfields

Clare

Hmmm. I don't think you thought that through, ludi...

Green Park
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Jayne

After so many two word answers, there needs to be a one word. I think it better start with a letter from the second half of the alphabet, as a defensive strategy.

Waterloo
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

ludimagister

I reckon you're in scrope, Jayne. I don't see how you're going to get out of that.

A bit unconventional, but...

Barking

Chestertonian

Quote from: red solo cup on June 26, 2015, 01:52:56 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on June 26, 2015, 06:58:04 AM
im confused

Sorry but you don't have a clue.

Uxbridge.

hence why i was asking
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Quote from: ludimagister on June 27, 2015, 12:24:04 PM
I reckon you're in scrope, Jayne. I don't see how you're going to get out of that.

A bit unconventional, but...

Barking

I am too inexperienced to handle this level of play.  Oh well, here goes nothing:

Reading
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.