Good afternoon!

Started by Kephapaulos, August 04, 2017, 11:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

Since we have morning and evening threads, I thought we should have a thread for during the day too. How are you doing? What are you up to now?

JubilateDeo

Aldi, taking my kids to the pool as well as the neighbor's kids (she has 6 of them so I'm taking the 4 older ones, making dinner, then BEDTIME

misericonfit

Keeping an eye out for my cat :)
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.

Carleendiane

Thank you Keph! I will surely support this thread. I had 3 teeth fixed so maybe I can start eating normal food! Losing the pain in that part of my mouth is like losing an irritating roommate. It was good to offer up. Don't think I'll ever run out of things to offer up, so I'm good. You need a coffee maker in here. It is quite bare around here. But as your thread grows you will accumulate the things you need to be a good host. Snacks, healthy snacks. Ice for beverages. Plenty of glasses, paper towel,  maybe some nuts and pretzels. Maybe Chris will come by with his virtual platter of goodies!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

And good afternoon to you too!  Is the pool around back?   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Going to OT and then home for the weekend
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kephapaulos

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 04, 2017, 01:50:39 PM
And good afternoon to you too!  Is the pool around back?   8)

Indeed! Just dive right in! ;D

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 04, 2017, 01:32:14 PM
Thank you Keph! I will surely support this thread. I had 3 teeth fixed so maybe I can start eating normal food! Losing the pain in that part of my mouth is like losing an irritating roommate. It was good to offer up. Don't think I'll ever run out of things to offer up, so I'm good. You need a coffee maker in here. It is quite bare around here. But as your thread grows you will accumulate the things you need to be a good host. Snacks, healthy snacks. Ice for beverages. Plenty of glasses, paper towel,  maybe some nuts and pretzels. Maybe Chris will come by with his virtual platter of goodies!

Chomp at whatever you like! We have burgers and steak too!

MundaCorMeum

Yay!  I've been hoping for Good Afternoon.  We just got back from a playdate.  Kids had a good time.  Littlest ones are napping, the big boys are playing army men, and the girls are watching a movie. I'm just relaxing.  It's finally Friday!  Early bedtimes tonight, because we have First Saturday devotions tomorrow morning.  I need to find something for dinner.  Not much in the fridge besides eggs, so possibly omelets. 

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on August 04, 2017, 03:00:28 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on August 04, 2017, 01:32:14 PM

Chomp at whatever you like! We have burgers and steak too!

Ummmmm, Keph, even virtually,........it's FRIDAY. :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

See you tomorrow afternoon, Keph :)

Carleendiane

Hi Keph. Refinishing a table out in the sun today. Usually done in the garage, but it is soooo beautiful out and mild temp. Happy Sat. afternoon.!

Kephapaulos

Happy feast of the Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ!

Kaesekopf

I might go buy some beer.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Carleendiane

Hi Keph, just warming your thread up. Almost noon. Hope you are well and enjoying your day! God bless you.