Hello and welcome to Suscipe Domine!
Suscipe Domine is a traditional Catholic forum committed to preserving and defending traditional Catholicism. Our common Catholic faith, as taught and professed throughout history, binds us at this forum. Any Catholic is welcome here as long as they observe the rules and guidelines. Non-Catholics are also permitted to register, read, and post as long as they, too, observe the rules and guidelines.
Please read the following rules and guidelines and I look forward to seeing you around the forum!
1) It is free to register and post here.
2) We permit users to have only one account.
3) Do not pretend to be another living person.
4) If clergy register for this forum, please email the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your identity. If you wish, we will be sure to mark you as such on your profile.
5) VPNs, IP maskers, proxies, etc are not permitted unless cleared with Kaesekopf. PM him for more information, or with any questions/concerns you might have.
1) All members must be charitable to fellow posters. If you have a concern with another member, use the private messaging feature as a first recourse for addressing said concern. If this does not adequately address your concern, contact one of the forum moderators.
2) Keep swearing to a minimum. You are not "in person" here, so you have time to compose and edit your thoughts. Please exercise that ability.
3) No pornography or blasphemy is allowed. You will be banned immediately for failing to adhere to this rule.
4) Do not use Suscipe Domine to disparage other Internet forums or other persons.
5) "Trad-bashing" is not permitted. While raising concerns or making comments about various currents in the Traditional Catholic community is allowed, unfair accusations about individuals or groups who are sincerely trying to practice the Faith is forbidden. Likewise, insinuating that certain trads or groups of trads are not really Catholic will not be tolerated.
6) Do not reveal identities of other members without their permission.
7) Private, personal information about any member which may be deemed as sensitive in nature by the moderating staff is to remain private unless it is willfully offered by the relevant party or parties in a thread. Sensitive personal information revealed in an alternate thread should remain there if it is not again freely offered by the party or parties involved. If you feel it is necessary to resurrect some personal information from a previous thread, do so via private message.
1) Do not troll the forum. Trolling is defined as "submitting a deliberately provocative posting to an online message board with the aim of inciting an angry response."
2) Do not purposely derail threads.
3) If you wish to discuss a topic that has been inactive for 120 days or more, start a new thread.
4) Use the proper subforums. They all have a purpose.
5) Link your sources when posting news articles. Conversely, do not link a news story without comment. We want to hear your thoughts and opinions. The best way to encourage discussion is to provide something for people to discuss.
6) This is an English language forum. If you want to post in another language, “The Alps” subforum is available to you. Otherwise keep all posts in English or please provide a translation.
1) Suscipe Domine recognizes Pope Francis as the Supreme Pontiff. Sedevacantists are invited and welcome to join and post. The forum's policy towards sedevacantists is taken from Abp. Lefebvre, "I do not say that the pope is not the pope... But I do not say that you cannot say the pope is not the pope."
2) It is necessary for every poster, including sedevacantists, to use a pope's regnal name when posting. Even anti-popes are afforded this respect. Immature name-calling will not be tolerated.
1) Error has no rights. As such, anti-Catholic viewpoints are not permitted to be posted here.
2) Do not attempt to sway traditional Catholics away from the Faith.
The Forum Staff:
1) The moderators must be respected. When moderating they will use an italicized dark green font. For example: Please remain calm and charitable during all debates. Arguing with their decisions will not be tolerated.
2) If you have a concern with a moderator decision, private message a member of the staff to address your concern.
3) Moderators of Suscipe Domine forum include the Administrator, Kaesekopf, as well as LouisIX and Penelope.
Questions or Feedback:
1) If you have any questions or concerns, please bring them to the forum owner via private message or email at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: This forum is not endorsed, supported, or condoned by any Catholic organization. It is the work of dedicated laymen and laywomen who seek to serve the Catholic Church and further the Catholic Faith.
Boilerplate default agreement, by which you also agree to abide.
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.