Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Arts and Leisure / Re: Prefer e readers or books :-)
« Last post by OCLittleFlower on Today at 11:18:21 PM »
I prefer books, but I do have a Kindle paperwhite for travel and for scanalatons of manga not for sale in English.

I didn't know you were an otaku.  ;)

I definitely had to look this up

Is it scanalatons, scanlations, or scanslations? In any case it's not something I am likely to do.

Otaku? Sometimes.

They are useful when you can't speak Japanese and want to read stuff that hasn't been officially licensed and translated into English.  If I want to read something that IS licensed, I go buy it, so the author gets paid.

But sometimes, decades go by and no one sets up English publication.  Glass Mask began 40 years ago, and has not been published in the US.  Fan translations are literally the only option for fans who don't read Japanese.
The Coffee Pot / Re: go to bed
« Last post by christulsa on Today at 11:05:44 PM »
Chris honey, how come your day started out bad.....pain? Sick? Tell mama, big mama.

Nightmare.  Woke up early n pain.  Mind turned to the dark side trying to get back to sleep.   What to do Mama Carleene?

Nightmare??? Oh you poor child! Do not turn dark, Chris. Just put the nightmare in Mary's hands. She will calm your spirit if you let her. Put on your armor, and say your St. Michael prayer. Which I'm sure you did. Use the hail Mary like a mantra, until you get sleepy. If this doesn't work, go get a benadryl or 2. That, plus prayer, may just do the trick. That's what I would do. This is hard at 3am, but worth it or you will toss and turn for the rest of the night.

Yes, I'm really upping my prayers to St Michael and my GA.  Prayers we have a peaceful night sleep.  :pray1:

The Coffee Pot / Re: How Old Are You?
« Last post by Carleendiane on Today at 10:30:22 PM »
5'7". 170 lbs. C'mon ladies, your turn. 8)
5'6". 160 lbs.  8) 8)

Christina, you are just so good, I see all the time why I like you so much! I will never reveal this info about me.Way too vain.  :(
« Last post by Obrien on Today at 10:26:11 PM »
Not quite 29.
The Coffee Pot / Re: Good Morning!!
« Last post by Carleendiane on Today at 10:09:27 PM »
Gotta get a GOOD MORNING in now because I am going up North in the morning for a few days to see my dad. Been visiting with my aunt and favorite cousin. So GOOD MORNING EVERYONE. While gone I will be thinking of you and hope and pray you stay well, and God blesses your days. Be back Saturday afternoon, or maybe late Friday nite!
« Last post by Carleendiane on Today at 10:02:01 PM »
Chris honey, how come your day started out bad.....pain? Sick? Tell mama, big mama.

Nightmare.  Woke up early n pain.  Mind turned to the dark side trying to get back to sleep.   What to do Mama Carleene?

Nightmare??? Oh you poor child! Do not turn dark, Chris. Just put the nightmare in Mary's hands. She will calm your spirit if you let her. Put on your armor, and say your St. Michael prayer. Which I'm sure you did. Use the hail Mary like a mantra, until you get sleepy. If this doesn't work, go get a benadryl or 2. That, plus prayer, may just do the trick. That's what I would do. This is hard at 3am, but worth it or you will toss and turn for the rest of the night.
« Last post by Michael Wilson on Today at 10:01:47 PM »
Thanks dymphna!
When I look in the mirror I see an old man staring back at me. I thought you were much younger than me.

One day you'll forget all about this discussion. Won't you be startled when you look in the mirror... and see Fr. Fahey staring back at you?
I'll probably faint if I see Fr. Fahey staring back at me!  :laugh:
« Last post by christulsa on Today at 09:40:22 PM »

Ok is divorce intrinsically evil? The Church teaches in the affirmative YET...

For a sacramental marriage.  In other cases the Church specifically allows divorce (e.g. Pauline privilege, Petrine privilege, etc.) showing it not be intrinsically evil then.

You used the qualifier "then" or "in that case" showing the exception proves the rule and if there are exceptions like the Pauline privilege it does not undermine the principle that divorce is intrinsically evil. The difference being Pius X's actions were prudential where in your cases they are principles given by Divine ordinance.

The Church views natural marriage and divorce as evils as well even without a sacramental marriage. The exception of how or why this could change through said privileges does not undermine the overall principle that something is intrinsically evil. The moral principle around the Pauline privilege is because of the greater good of the soul that over-rides the intrinsic evil of divorce. Obviously, and by way of extension, the Church's principled stance on CIS is not diminished through 2 regional prudential decisions which would be far less in character based on personal subjective decisions instead of Divine ordinance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10