Need a simple website

Started by james03, December 22, 2022, 09:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

We are forming our own group for the Clear Creek pilgrimage next autumn.  The San Fedisti group.  My daughter is going to make some pilgrimage banners.  For the design I'm favoring some commies being pushed out of a helicopter in keeping with the chapter name, but I don't think the group will go along.

Anyhow it will be a nationwide group and might be pretty big.  So I want a website.  Something simple based on word press would be perfect.  Likely it goes away after the pilgrimage, so things like scalability aren't an issue.

I'm looking for a more technical person, though having some artistic flare for layout is a plus.  We'll provide content.

The real requirement is zero headaches.  We'll supply art, photos, and various write-ups.  It should have some functionality, at a minimum email forwarding so people email the website address like info@sanfedisti.com and it gets forwarded to the group leader.  I might be interested in online registration, though I don't like security threats with stored personal information.  You can also suggest other wordpress plug ins that would be helpful, but really this should be kept simple for organizing/recruiting.  People can go to the site, read various how-to's and stories about what happened, see some pictures, and send a registration email.

So basically for this job we'll email content to the webmaster, and it magically gets posted to the website with zero headache.  You also have to handle getting the server and registering the site.  After the initial launch, your activity should drop off a lot and will just be a monitoring/maintenance kind of deal.

Send me a PM if interested and a sample site if you have one.  We'll scope it out and I'll be looking for a lump sum quote after we work out the scope.

It's Christmas, so a delay in me responding is likely until after New Years.

Thanks.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Heinrich

Can you provide some basic information on the pilgrimage? Date, length, location, organizational structure? All I know is that it is in Cherokee Territory. What mean ,,San Fedisti?"
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

All of that will be on the website, so good questions.

The pilgrimage is in Clear Creek, OK in autumn.  It's 2 days and about 30 miles.  Pretty well organized with water provided and camping sites.  It ends at the monastery.  The pilgrimage itself had 1200 people last time, and 1700 attended the Mass at the monastery.  It's been growing exponentially and will top 2,000 next year easily.

The Sanfedisti were an anti-commie peasant army that actually won, and kicked the commies out of Italy.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

Threeheartspilgrimage.org

Cool video on the site.

Our goal is to eventually beat out the French.

Michael Wilson

QuoteMy daughter is going to make some pilgrimage banners.  For the design I'm favoring some commies being pushed out of a helicopter in keeping with the chapter name, but I don't think the group will go along.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers