I had a fun adventure!

Started by diaduit, February 15, 2024, 11:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

I was working in the health shop for the day, I do the odd day now and again.
Was dealing with customer I know well, another lady was waiting to be served, in walks this young sketchy looking 20 something lad followed by another 20 seconds later.  Sketchy lad is rooting up the back and I couldn't watch him as i was serving known customer and sketchy lad rushes out the door followed by other man again 20 seconds later, other lady waiting to be served told me he has shoved 4 bottles of source of life gold (€55 each) up his jacket.....
I run out the door (knowing my shop is ok with ladies who were there) and saw him skulking into a small car park about 50 metres away, ran past 2nd lad and roared at him - were you with him (thief) and he looked perplexed, kept running and turned into car park and sketchy lad runs into a side lane off the back of the car park, I was roaring, hand them back, turn into lane and it was only at this point I thought 'uh oh, have I really thought this through'.... exit lane and run to the left which goes to main shopping area and no sign of him.  So thought ah well I better go back to the shop and it was on the way back I decided to have another little look in same car park (just in case he took a right out of the lane and did full circle) and sure enough, he was there and I roared at him again to give it back, he dropped the bottles and as I passed him to get them back, I called him a nasty name cough....turns out that the other man was getting into his van parked in same car park but at this stage I kept going back to the shop. Defintiely they were working together.  Turns out boss told me they young fella raided yesterday and they obviously thought we were an easy target.

I am on such a high, I really enjoy crime busting wooohooo,.

Now in saying that, they were clearly Irish so I kinda know what I am dealing with but if they were foreigners I wouldnt.

awkward customer

Goodness me, that was brave.  Having said that, I know what it's like when the anger takes over - or is it indignation?  I'm not sure which.

More people should do what you did, unlike the lady who was waiting in the shop and saw the theft take place but said nothing until afterwards.  But they don't, although this could be because they know nothing will happen to the perpetrators even if the police eventually do turn up.

Next time though, maybe grab your phone and get some video of them so that you can post it online?