Cardinal Mueller issues a Manifesto of Doctrinal Correction

Started by TheReturnofLive, February 08, 2019, 05:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReturnofLive

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Geremia

To whom is this manifesto addressed? It was dated 10 January 2019. Why is it only now public?

St.Justin

This is the most positive news to come out of Rome in 50 years. Wonder how long he has left. He bascially called the Pope an Anti-Christ.

Geremia

Quote from: St.Justin on February 08, 2019, 06:48:34 PMHe bascially called the Pope an Anti-Christ.
Yes:
Quote from: Cdl. MüllerTo keep silent about these and the other truths of the Faith and to teach people accordingly is the greatest deception against which the Catechism vigorously warns. It represents the last trial of the Church and leads man to a religious delusion, "the price of their apostasy" (CCC 675); it is the fraud of Antichrist. "He will deceive those who are lost by all means of injustice; for they have closed themselves to the love of the truth by which they should be saved" (2 Thess 2:10).

Non Nobis

Quote from: Geremia on February 08, 2019, 06:29:39 PM
He writes at the beginning:
Quote from: MüllerAccording to John Paul II, the Catechism of the Catholic Church is a "safe standard for the doctrine of the faith" (Fidei Depositum IV).
(cf. "Is the New Catechism Catholic")I wonder why he's using it as the sole reference of his "quasi-correction"/"manifesto".

I didn't think Cardinal Müller was a traditionalist but a "Pope John Paul II yes/Pope Francis" no conservative. And he doesn't like the SSPX so the article you linked to wouldn't impress him.  It's no wonder he uses the CCC.

Maybe I'm being a bad traditionalist, but I've used parts of the CCC that are Catholic (according to what I know) to argue against someone who supports Pope Francis and Amoris Laetitia.  It's a big step (a kind of stepping-stool) in the right direction away from Pope Francis' heresy. It's a realistic step that some people are willing to make before they consider abandoning all recent Popes.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Geremia

Quote from: Non Nobis on February 08, 2019, 09:33:18 PMMaybe I'm being a bad traditionalist, but I've used parts of the CCC that are Catholic (according to what I know) to argue against someone who supports Pope Francis and Amoris Laetitia.  It's a big step (a kind of stepping-stool) in the right direction away from Pope Francis' heresy. It's a realistic step that some people are willing to make before they consider abandoning all recent Popes.
Using their poison against them like a Benedictine. :) Ipsa venena bibas.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Geremia on February 08, 2019, 09:31:33 PM
Quote from: St.Justin on February 08, 2019, 06:48:34 PMHe bascially called the Pope an Anti-Christ.
Yes:
Quote from: Cdl. MüllerTo keep silent about these and the other truths of the Faith and to teach people accordingly is the greatest deception against which the Catechism vigorously warns. It represents the last trial of the Church and leads man to a religious delusion, "the price of their apostasy" (CCC 675); it is the fraud of Antichrist. "He will deceive those who are lost by all means of injustice; for they have closed themselves to the love of the truth by which they should be saved" (2 Thess 2:10).

Maybe he thinks Pope Francis seems like an anti-Christ, but Pope John Paul II is still great.

That's a bit of a worry - that Francis is deposed and we go back to Novus Ordo land as usual (or with a vengeance).  But it is still important to fight Francis' teaching; even if there is no valid way to depose him we can much more strongly denounce him.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Xavier

Thank You Jesus. It's so good to see Prelates and Hierarchs in the Church behave as true Apostles and Shepherds. The Church triumphed over so many ancient errors, and will ultimately overcome all modern ones also. God bless Cardinal Mueller for this public testimony to Christ and to the Truths of the Catholic Faith. Salvation is in Christ alone. Horrible heresies that deny His Divinity are not willed by Him.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Kreuzritter

Simple. Straight. Excellent.

Everything neo-Modernism ain't.

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Non Nobis

I tried to find a PDF version of just the Manifesto by itself, but the link from LifeSiteNews didn't work.  But here's the Manifesto by itself on one website: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/column/manifesto-of-faith-3978.  (Of course the other info on LifeSiteNews was also important).

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

clau clau

I am tired of all the 'doctrinal correction this' and 'apostolic letter that'. Wake me up when the Asteroid of Doom approaches.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Gardener

Quote from: Geremia on February 08, 2019, 09:35:55 PM
Quote from: Non Nobis on February 08, 2019, 09:33:18 PMMaybe I'm being a bad traditionalist, but I've used parts of the CCC that are Catholic (according to what I know) to argue against someone who supports Pope Francis and Amoris Laetitia.  It's a big step (a kind of stepping-stool) in the right direction away from Pope Francis' heresy. It's a realistic step that some people are willing to make before they consider abandoning all recent Popes.
Using their poison against them like a Benedictine. :) Ipsa venena bibas.

As far as I can tell, when Christ addressed the Sadducees, who only believed in the first 5 books, He only used the first 5 books to build His case. When addressing the Pharisees, He quoted from the Tanakh, who seemingly adhered to the current Rabbinic canon of the OT. He never argued in the NT w/ the Essenes, who held to the canon of the OT as held by Catholics, as evidenced by the books contained in the Dead Sea Scrolls, which mirrored the canon of, and in Hebrew largely agreed with, the Septuagint.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe