Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

It was fun.  The trouble was that just as I was about to clobber a snotty teenager, (I was aiming for the big kids, I got soaked myself and it affected my aim.  None of the adults joined in.  Too boring).  I hate adults, they are dull.

I had 4 or 5 near misses and a I got really frustrated that I wasn't hitting anyone.

A cute little 6 year old boy ran past me and I very deliberately smashed one water-balloon into the back of his head neck from about 8 feet away.  His t-shirt was soaked.  It was a cheap shot.

I felt a little bit guilty afterwards.  He was cool about it, didn't cry.

I came away completely soaking.  I got annihilated.

I now have a little bit of sympathy for Hilter and his V2 program.  When you are losing badly it is cathartic to take vengeance on anyone.  It feels good.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Heinrich

Mrs. Heinrich and I spent Mother's Day with Gardener and his family at their home. Oh, and Greg was visiting from Kent, UK. He has work in Denver and came down for Mass and a visit. What a charming time! We covered some familiar topics discussed here, talked family, travel, gun culture in USA(Gardener was very informative to that), living in UK vs. USA, etc. We polished off enough cans of Perrier to build one of those silly can pyramids like TradRuralmom's Marine son and his fellow Marines with Coors Light empties when they come to visit.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

ChristusRex

Heinrich,

Have you ever been to Servants of the Holy Family Chapel in the Springs?

My roommate is from the Springs and I asked him what people thought of it there. Mostly negative.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Colin
The Lord our God from tree doth reign

Heinrich

Quote from: ChristusRex on May 13, 2019, 05:28:24 PM
Heinrich,

My roommate is from the Springs and I asked him what people thought of it there. Mostly negative.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Colin

Hey, Rex. Yes. Once or twice about 13 years ago. I dont anticipate ever going back. I know people who've gone there and they won't be going back either. I live about three miles from it, too.

ChristusRex

Quote from: Heinrich on May 13, 2019, 06:13:03 PM
Heinrich,

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Colin

Hey, Rex. Yes. Once or twice about 13 years ago. I dont anticipate ever going back. I know people who've gone there and they won't be going back either. I live about three miles from it, too.

What happened?

Heinrich

Quote from: ChristusRex on May 13, 2019, 07:02:31 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on May 13, 2019, 06:13:03 PM
Heinrich,

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Colin

What happened?

Take your room mate's word for it and mine and let well enough alone. Do you attend Wyoming Catholic College or Benedictine. It seems every practicing Catholic kid from Colorado Springs goes to one or the other. Or University of Dallas.

ChristusRex

I go to Colorado State University in Fort Collins. I'll be finished in December of this year.

I'm from Centennial (north of Castle Rock, south of Denver).

I only came back to the Faith 2 years ago (May 12, 2017).

Heinrich

Very nice. I am familiar with Centennial, sure. Nice to have another Centennial stater here amongst us.