Recent posts

General Information / Re: Could someone help me to p...
Last post by TradGranny - May 14, 2024, 05:57:35 PM
The OP reads like a cheesy bot:

As staff members of our world, we must look into the complexities of environmental concerns and find creative solution to ensure a brighter future for future generations.
The crux of it is if you have ever seen any particles, with your eyes, on the floor.

Or heard, with your ears, heretical sermons.

I have never, ever, heard a heretical sermon at a "full communion" TLM. Whether it be FSSP, ICRSS, or Diocesan.

As Michael said, unless you are a convinced sedevacantist and also convinced that the New Rites are invalid, I see no reason to not attend.

Catholicism is not a religion of "what if's."
I agree that it is safe at sspx chapels and I will do all I can to go there every Sunday. It's those Sundays when I can't make the drive I battle if I should do a holy hour at home because of my worries over sacrilege or frustrations with heretical sermons. I definitely will speak with an sspx priest. I will share what he says in the future.
The History Subforum / Re: Discover the Truth of Medi...
Last post by bilbobaggins - May 14, 2024, 05:21:44 PM

Kickstarter is to help encourage self publishers to keep doing so and not go broke! But it can also be used for marketing if I can recover a large chunk of production. It is only for those who really "believe" in the project and want to help get the word out. 
Traditional Catholic Discussion / Re: Should I attend diocesan L...
Last post by KreKre - May 14, 2024, 05:11:43 PM
At any SSPX chapel the Holy Particles are treated with utmost reverence and devotion, so at least in that regard, one can be at peace, if one assists at the Mass there.
I hold to the sede-vacante position, so for me it is a firm "no"; however, if you assist at an SSPX chapel, and have to problems with the validity of the N.O. Ordinations; then I would say that you are allowed to assist at the diocesan TLM. The only "caveat" I would add, is that the sermon of the the priest celebrating the Mass may be a danger, if he is a modernist.
Traditional Catholic Discussion / Re: Should I attend diocesan L...
Last post by KreKre - May 14, 2024, 04:50:17 PM
Since yours is a case of extreme scruples, I think it is best to talk to a priest you trust. No answer you read here is going to satisfy you. That said, it is much better to be scrupulous, than to be careless.

Since you attend the Mass at an SSPX chapel, why not talk to the priest there and ask him about this? More often than not, SSPX priests are excellent at explaining things to laypeople.

And if you get a satisfactory answer, you can share it with us here, too. It would be interesting to read it.

Also, threads like these remind me how fortunate I am to have an SSPX chapel an hour away from home. May God bless my priest and his great efforts, the service he provides for our souls is invaluable.
Thank you for your response. I feel I don't have to see it to know it's happening given the example I gave from my husband. Their have been tests where people take non consecrated hosts and give them in the hand and you can see the fragments all over their hands. It's very disturbing. I can't feel safe with this given what I have seen. If that is scrupulous I guess I am but I think I'm very cautious because It is God himself. I can't risk desecrating him.
Arts and Leisure / Re: My book- Defending Dixie's...
Last post by Heinrich - May 14, 2024, 04:43:02 PM
The Southern War for Indepence was the 2nd "Civil War."
That's not how sacramental or moral theology works.

Unless you see yourself trampling on visible fragments, there is no issue.

I don't know what you are looking for, but it seems like your mind was made up and you wanted this place to confirm your answer for you.

As one who has dealt with it, you seem to have severe scruples. I recommend the book Light and Peace. Changed my life.