Chinese dropping like flies

Started by james03, January 23, 2020, 07:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

I think Davis meant the large musical instrument organ, not livers, kidneys, etc...

I can't track it down so I might be off but I recall EMJ noting that either Carnegie or Rockefeller donated thousands of organs to Protestant Churches to get their support for population control (but I cant track down this to verify and so my memory might be confused).
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Tales

QuoteOne is a Protestant who, not by a roman definition of course, worships Christ and seeks to follow His commandments. None of the individuals you reference would fit into this category.

As I stated before, I am not looking to discuss what makes a "true" Protestant - it is an impossible subject.  The people and families I listed themselves state they are Christians and attend services and / or teach at Protestant churches.

QuoteThen you reference some apocryphal story about Protestant churches engaged in organ harvesting with no evidence to try to back your claim.

As Lynne correctly noted, I meant the musical organ that plays beautiful organ music.  It is documented that Carnegie did donate thousands of organs and I recall EMJ stating that either Carnegie or Rockefeller did this with purpose of getting the Protestant churches to sign on to teaching population control from the pulpit.  But again I cannot at the moment track down where I heard EMJ state this so I might have specific details wrong on that.

Quoteguess that makes Nancy Pelosi, Andrew Cuomo, Phil Murphy and every other raving lunatic leftist politician who ever existed and had an Irish or Italian last name Catholic as well

Yes, until a person rejects Christ or His Church he remains Catholic, no matter how lousy of a Catholic the man is.  I note that I do not consider any of those people as elites.  They are the puppets for the elites.  Nancy Pelosi does not make decisions, the elites do and she shamelessly does their bidding.

abc123

Quote from: Lynne on June 03, 2020, 05:16:52 AM

I think Davis meant the large musical instrument organ, not livers, kidneys, etc...

I can't track it down so I might be off but I recall EMJ noting that either Carnegie or Rockefeller donated thousands of organs to Protestant Churches to get their support for population control (but I cant track down this to verify and so my memory might be confused).

Good gravy. That's what I get for posting before coffee. I saw Rockefeller and my mind went immediately to satanic rituals.

My apologies.

clau clau

Quote from: martin88nyc on March 18, 2020, 05:29:03 PM
Another batch of satellites being launched into the orbit. They have been sending them out last year and probably the year before. This new technology is being built out for new 5G networks. I wrote about this already and there is an extensive research on 5G and its environmental and health effects.
The call it "the internet of things" and for a reason. Welcome to the new world of matrix. This is a very important issue guys. Pleas do not disregard it.
https://www.space.com/spacex-launches-starlink-5-satellites-misses-rocket-landing.html

It seems a mouse hitched a ride.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/1XkEBNTXcuPI/

It looks like a mouse to me?  Can you think of any other explanation.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

diaduit

Quote from: clau clau on June 03, 2020, 09:50:33 AM
Quote from: martin88nyc on March 18, 2020, 05:29:03 PM
Another batch of satellites being launched into the orbit. They have been sending them out last year and probably the year before. This new technology is being built out for new 5G networks. I wrote about this already and there is an extensive research on 5G and its environmental and health effects.
The call it "the internet of things" and for a reason. Welcome to the new world of matrix. This is a very important issue guys. Pleas do not disregard it.
https://www.space.com/spacex-launches-starlink-5-satellites-misses-rocket-landing.html

It seems a mouse hitched a ride.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/1XkEBNTXcuPI/

It looks like a mouse to me?  Can you think of any other explanation.

Saw it and it does look like a mouse, I have heard two explanations from my 16 yr old that's circulating,

1.  its dry ice
2. its old footage!!! (but still it was used in relation to the recent launch!!)

mikemac

3. There are mice in the studio.  :) 
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Tales

Quote from: abc123 on June 03, 2020, 07:57:05 AM
Quote from: Lynne on June 03, 2020, 05:16:52 AM

Good gravy. That's what I get for posting before coffee. I saw Rockefeller and my mind went immediately to satanic rituals.

My apologies.

:beer:

Just noting that when I mentioned Rockefeller I am focusing more on the patriarch and less so on the later generations (although I don't ignore them either).  John D. Rockefeller was a devout Baptist and also the wealthiest person ever, a corporatist, monopolist, and a general archetype for how Americans are to approach business (although America is also influenced by the British which unsurprisingly practiced a similar globalist monopolist corporatist approach via their vast global trading corporations in colonies they conquered).

To be clear, none of this is, for example, written down in various Protestant Confessions, such as the Westminster Confession of Faith.  But these things did grow up within Protestant cultures.  There is a connection.

Similarly the Catholic saints and Popes fought feverishly against usury for over a thousand years before eventually usury got its camel's nose under the tent and look at where we are today.  There was nothing in Catholicism that supported its acceptance but it was none the less  from the Catholic Lombards that it came forth.

Stu Cool

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html

Basically says that people that might be infected but aren't showing symptoms (i.e. the reasoning behind wearing the mask and social distancing) aren't spreading the virus.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on June 03, 2020, 06:10:55 PM
Similarly the Catholic saints and Popes fought feverishly against usury for over a thousand years before eventually usury got its camel's nose under the tent and look at where we are today.  There was nothing in Catholicism that supported its acceptance but it was none the less  from the Catholic Lombards that it came forth.

Is this when it all started to go wrong then, when the Church went soft on usuary?
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Stu Cool on June 08, 2020, 12:21:09 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html

Basically says that people that might be infected but aren't showing symptoms (i.e. the reasoning behind wearing the mask and social distancing) aren't spreading the virus.
hahahah asymptomatic infection. that's a good one. CDC, WHO and all these pseudo health organization can go bit the dust now
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Tales

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on June 08, 2020, 02:46:19 PM
Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on June 03, 2020, 06:10:55 PM

Is this when it all started to go wrong then, when the Church went soft on usuary?

There were a number of things going on which contributed to the decline.  Some things which I have in mind:

- the Great Schism
- the hyper focus on logic via the scholastics (which perhaps would have been kept in check / balance had the East remained influential)
- the increasing prosperity of the people during Christendom (from Pope Gregory VII to sometime after the Revolt in the 16th century)
- the Church reversing its teaching on usury
- the Revolt

I see those as foundations for later disasters.

Specifically on usury do not focus so much on the interest because that becomes a bit confusing as to why interest matters.  As I see it the big picture is that usury is legalized state-sanctioned counterfeiting combined with the enslavement of man to those granted this power.  Counterfeiting is theft and requiring compounding excess leads to enslavement.

When a bank makes a loan to a man the bank does not lend out the savings of another man.  That is total myth and 100% false.  Instead the bank creates entirely new money out of thin air, otherwise known as counterfeiting, and gives it to the borrower.  In exchange for receiving this counterfeited money the man then must perform additional work to repay the bank with real labor, labor even in excess of that which he could purchase with his borrowed counterfeited money.

The state then also assists the counterfeiters in seizing assets of the man were the man to be incapable of performing enough labor to repay the counterfeited money.  So the counterfeiters either get repaid with real labor or with real assets, such as, say, your house.  And when the usury system gets into trouble the state is invariably there to again help assist them to maintain their system of enslavement and counterfeiting (see Jay Powell today).

Counterfeiting is illegal because it is theft.  Legalized state sanctioned counterfeiting in the hands of few, to the tune of hundreds of trillions of dollars, massively warps and distorts all aspects of society.  This power is so immense and leads to moral decay all around, for the slavers and the enslaved. 

The Church / clerics (however you want to view it) changed the teaching on usury and we're suffering immensely because of it.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on June 08, 2020, 04:08:16 PM
The Church / clerics (however you want to view it) changed the teaching on usury and we're suffering immensely because of it.

I must admit I'm a bit hazy on what, exactly, the Church changed, and have tried a few times to look into it further before giving up in confusion.

So I looked at a few websites again and am still confused as to what the Church used to teach on usury, what is taught now, and how usury is defined.  'The lending of money at interest' seems to be the definition, but what if the rate of interest is so low that little or no profit is made?  Shouldn't the definition be more like - the lending of money at interest in order to profit from that interest? 

But I'm all for condemning usury since capitalism depends on it..... 
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Sempronius

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on June 09, 2020, 06:59:04 AM
Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on June 08, 2020, 04:08:16 PM

I must admit I'm a bit hazy on what, exactly, the Church changed, and have tried a few times to look into it further before giving up in confusion.

So I looked at a few websites again and am still confused as to what the Church used to teach on usury, what is taught now, and how usury is defined.  'The lending of money at interest' seems to be the definition, but what if the rate of interest is so low that little or no profit is made?  Shouldn't the definition be more like - the lending of money at interest in order to profit from that interest? 

But I'm all for condemning usury since capitalism depends on it.....

I'm also confused.

Here is Benedict XIV writing about usury, and all his arguments seem reasonable. Are there other documents that show how the Church has changed her teaching? Or is usury something that people do   and that turns into a habit imperceptibly?

https://www.papalencyclicals.net/Ben14/b14vixpe.htm

Some small gain is allowed

"By these remarks, however, We do not deny that at times together with the loan contract certain other titles-which are not at all intrinsic to the contract-may run parallel with it. From these other titles, entirely just and legitimate reasons arise to demand something over and above the amount due on the contract. Nor is it denied that it is very often possible for someone, by means of contracts differing entirely from loans, to spend and invest money legitimately either to provide oneself with an annual income or to engage in legitimate trade and business. From these types of contracts honest gain may be made."

Gardener

I would suppose money at some point didn't have inflation/deflation (though I have no idea how this could be the case) in order to justify writing against usury (read: interest). If such was the case, then one is left only with the time value of money (what one could otherwise do with said money).

If one is in a situation where money value/buying power changes, then loaning at least at the rate of inflation keeps one from losing money (though they still lose the time value). If I can buy 3 widgets with $1 today, and give someone a 5 year loan, and in 5 years, the $1 only buys 2.5 widgets, I've lost 0.5 widgets of value. That's effectively loaning with interest against myself. If loaning with interest is wrong, then so is loaning with effective interest against the lender.

The time value of money is real, though it remains in potential until use and could be hard to prove absolute value.

Classically speaking, was interest considered any interest, or understood to be excessive interest?

Approaching it strictly, I would see no reason to loan anyone anything, ever.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Tales

The book 'Usury in Christendom' by Michael Hoffman has a long set of quotes, I will list some below.

Ezekiel 18 (RSV)

5 "If a man is righteous and does what is lawful and right— 6 if he does not eat upon the mountains or lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, does not defile his neighbor's wife or approach a woman in her time of impurity, 7 does not oppress any one, but restores to the debtor his pledge, commits no robbery, gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with a garment, 8 does not lend at interest or take any increase, withholds his hand from iniquity, executes true justice between man and man, 9 walks in my statutes, and is careful to observe my ordinances[a]—he is righteous, he shall surely live, says the Lord God.

10 "If he begets a son who is a robber, a shedder of blood, 11 who does none of these duties, but eats upon the mountains, defiles his neighbor's wife, 12 oppresses the poor and needy, commits robbery, does not restore the pledge, lifts up his eyes to the idols, commits abomination, 13 lends at interest, and takes increase; shall he then live? He shall not live. He has done all these abominable things; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon himself.

St. Clement of Alexandria cites this part of Ezekiel and is the first known instance of usury appearing in Christian literature, from his Paidagogos and later Stromateis.

Tertullian continues by noting in Adversus Marcionem that the Gospel does not abolish the Old Law but exceeds it.  "He hath not... put out his money at interest, and will not accept any increase - meaning the excess amount due to interest, which is usury."

St. Cyprian of Carthage in Testimoniorum (Ad Quirinum) makes arguments that interest taking is against the law of God.

St. Ambrose, De Tobia
"Whatever exceeds the amount owed is usury"

Synod of Elvira, Canon 20 prohibits clerics & laymen from taking interest under penalty of excommunication.
Si quis clericorum detectus fuerit usuras accipere, placuit eum degradari et abstineri. Si quis etiam laicus accepisse probatur usuras, et promiserit correptus jam se cassaturum nec ulterius exacturum, placuit ei veniam tribui: si vero in ea iniquitate duraverit, ab ecclesia esse projiciendum.

St. Jerome in Commentaria in Ezechielem says:  "One should never receive more than the amount loaned."

Hilary of Poitiers in his Tractatus in Psalm XIV says: "If you are a Christian, why do you scheme to have your idle money bear a return and make the need of your brother, for whom Christ died, the source of your enrichment?"

St. Basil in Homily on Psalm 15 says (very long, paraphrasing):  "Ezekiel accounts the taking of interest and receiving back more than one gave as being among the greatest evils and the Law specifically forbids this practice.....  for those who set rates of interest, their money is loaned and bears interest and produces even more... loans are said to bear interest on account of the great fecundity of evil... the offspring of interest one migh even call a brood of viper...  you should have nothing to do with this monstrous creature."

St. John Chrysostom:  "what can be more unreasonable than to sow without land, without rain, without plows?  All those who give themselves up to this damnable culture shall reap only tares.  Let us cut off these monstrous births of gold & silver; let us stop this execrable fecundity."

[note they are detesting that through interest mammon gives birth to mammon]

Frs William Addis & Thomas Arnold in Catholic Dictionary 1896
"The Fathers are unanimous in regarding all interest as usury, and, therefore, as a species of robbery."

Anyhooo the list of quotes goes on and on all the way up till the 1500s where it changes from no interest whatsoever to pulling a switcharoo of 'just no big interest.'

The bad fruits of any interest at all are manifest if you understand the monetary system (if you don't then indeed it will be baffling why it matters at all).