To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

poche

kayla_veronica

May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

Archer

You're welcome!  :) I'm a big fan of classical music. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Pheo

Beethoven's 6th is probably my favourite of his symphonies - or at least it's the one I've listened to most.  It always makes me want to go on a hike and that kind of fits with it.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Archer

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3217H8JppI[/yt]

I love his 9th as well.  Skip ahead to 44:00.  Everyone knows Ode to Joy, but hearing it with a full orchestra is breathtakingly beautiful. 

Archer

Quote from: Pheo on February 26, 2013, 01:07:00 PM
Beethoven's 6th is probably my favourite of his symphonies - or at least it's the one I've listened to most.  It always makes me want to go on a hike and that kind of fits with it.

Agreed! I always think of hiking through fields and forests when I listen to it.  It calms me and makes me happy. 

Pheo

I think he nailed it with the name of each movement too:

I) Awakening of cheerful feelings upon arrival in the country
II) Scene at the brook
III) Happy gathering of country folk
IV) Thunderstorm; Storm
V) Shepherds' song; cheerful and thankful feelings after the storm

So, with that in mind :beer:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSSowfBkxTs[/yt]
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Gottmitunsalex

Nothing but the best. Beethoven is nowhere compared to my man Isaac Hayes.
Wicky wicky funk guitar is what I'm talking about. Yeah!

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Hat And Beard

I just gained a ton of respect for you.

Pheo

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on February 27, 2013, 10:45:59 AMBeethoven is nowhere compared to my man Isaac Hayes.

Quote from: The Rules1) Error has no rights.

I think this one might be ban-worthy.

:whistling:

Archer

LOL.  You could probably tack on these additional charges as well. 

Quote from: The Rules5) No blasphemy is allowed. You will be banned for that.

12) Sincere debate is permitted. Do not troll our forum.

:shrug:

CoolCat

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on February 27, 2013, 10:45:59 AM
Nothing but the best. Beethoven is nowhere compared to my man Isaac Hayes.
Wicky wicky funk guitar is what I'm talking about. Yeah!

This must be a joke.

:rofl: