Started by Probius, October 12, 2013, 08:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelorum

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 26, 2014, 02:43:00 PM
Quote from: Wicked Papist on May 26, 2014, 02:07:15 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 26, 2014, 01:37:43 PM
Crap I was trying to get the last word LOL ;D
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bHRAYGo0-c[/yt]

Nothing says "charitable" quite like mocking a permanently banned poster.
oh stop it ...mr piety man ::)
I was mocking my self...where were you when this child was mocking religion for dozens of pages. That ivory tower have an elevator?

I'm surprised that he lasted 1500 posts before getting his ban.
"All men naturally desire to know, but what does knowledge avail without the fear of God? Indeed an humble peasant, that serves God, is better than a proud philosopher, who neglecting himself, considers the course of the heavens." - Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ

Gardener

He was a feldwebel from the beginning, and upon the realization of his inner feldwebel, it was time for him to go. Fortune! Fame! Feldwebel!!
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Wicked Papist

I was mocking my self...where were you when this child was mocking religion for dozens of pages. That ivory tower have an elevator?

That's different.  Atheists are allowed to mock whomever they like.  It's called a "double standard."

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Wicked Papist on May 26, 2014, 05:52:20 PM

That's different.  Atheists are allowed to mock whomever they like.  It's called a "double standard."
Well the Mods thought just possibly he might wake up...they gave him a great opportunity that he squandered.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Heinrich

Well, back on topic: I think Humility is good.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 26, 2014, 06:22:04 PM

Well the Mods thought just possibly he might wake up...they gave him a great opportunity that he squandered.

For the most part, I think crimson was sincere.  When he began posting more and more anticatholic thought and views, and seemed more and more firm in those ideas and views, it was time for the forum and him to part ways
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

rbjmartin

Quote from: Heinrich on May 27, 2014, 01:10:54 PM
Well, back on topic: I think Humility is good.

I agree.

Next topic.

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

voxxpopulisuxx

Let this be a lessin to any parents out there...if your teen comes homw with an ayn rand book..
.burn that chit FAST!

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Kaesekopf

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 27, 2014, 04:21:16 PM
Let this be a lessin to any parents out there...if your teen comes homw with an ayn rand book..
.burn that chit FAST!

She's not really worth reading.

As John Rogers wrote...
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

voxxpopulisuxx

I have friend whos a student therapist at a local college...he calls rand "his enemy"

911!

RobertJS

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 27, 2014, 01:39:46 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 26, 2014, 06:22:04 PM

For the most part, I think crimson was sincere.  When he began posting more and more anticatholic thought and views, and seemed more and more firm in those ideas and views, it was time for the forum and him to part ways

Fair enough, but even better....personally, I don't care if someone is "sincere" because if what they are saying is publicly harmful to the Faith of Catholics...it must be quickly stopped. Thank you, Archer, for stopping it!

ideo mittit illis Deus operationem erroris ut credant mendacio

Kaesekopf

Robert, my motives were hoping that he was authentically searching for the truth.  If he wanted to debate and discuss things he had in his mind and was open to conversion (which I thought he was), I saw no harm in it, especially since posters I trust and admire were engaging him in ways I thought were useful.

voxxpopulisuxx

he was no threat...all his arguments were handled soundly. And I hoped he could be reached as well.

911!

Michael Wilson

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 27, 2014, 04:21:16 PM
.burn that chit FAST!
I read Ayn Rand's "Anthem" in High School and I really liked her theme on the affirmation of the individual over the collective/egalitarian dictatorship; it was a very good critique and satire of the direction that Communism and its fellow travelers were attempting to lead humanity. I just recently re-read it again a year ago and I found it equally compelling. That said; individualism has its limits and finds its fulfillment in a well ordered society i.e. A Catholic society. Man is not sufficient of himself to provide for all of his needs both material and spiritual; but finds these inside of institutions that are part of a Christian order.  Miss Rand's atheism was a big obstacle in her way, not allowing her to see the "big picture''.  Fr. Fahey in his books where he praises the work of Mrs. Nesta Webster also cautions the reader that as good as some of her books are, they suffer from the fact that Mrs. Webster isn't a Catholic and is therefore also hampered from arriving at a complete understanding of the forces working to undermine and destroy the remnants of Catholic civilization and of the Catholic Church, in order to usher in the reign of the anti-Christ.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers