Future of the Forum?

Started by Kaesekopf, November 25, 2018, 11:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

It's a great forum and a nice place to meet and greet. It'd be a shame for it to go. It's like a virtual parish/chapel should be. Lots of prayer threads, good discussions, great advice, feast reminders, career and vocation guidance etc. I think a married couple also met each other through this forum. So I agree with others. I hope the forum stays up.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

ServusMariae

I am Servus-Mariae, specially back here to petition for this forum to be kept open.

This forum was the 1 haven where I took solace in when I badly shipwrecked in the Faith a year back (you guys know what happened; I won't repeat history) It would be saddening to see this forum get shut down. Have met a lovely bunch of people beyond the shores of Singapore (The time has yet to come for me to leave my homeland anywhere yet, but these are the very people I hold dear) Loved the opportunity to send spiritual support for one another beyond geographical boundaries & it was thanks to this very forum that I was able to keep in touch with several SD members IRL. I will not be here today if not for this forum & the community that thrives in here, so if you can - Sir Kaes, pls consider to keep this place open. If it was spiritually edifying for me, I am sure there will be many others who will  find benefit from this forum's existence, & I thank God for that.

That said, sending prayers  :pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

Michael Wilson

Did somebody mention "Evolution"?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Josephine87

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 27, 2018, 05:17:29 PM
Hey everyone,
This poll and response looks good.  We'll definitely be keeping this place around and active. 

I'll probably make a few changes in the future, but, for now, we'll stay as-is.

Thanks!

PS - I'd be interested in hearing why the no votes voted no.  :)

Thank you! And thank you God for answered prayers.
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Flick

CE sent me an email—I never go to the "General" section.

I rarely post anymore—was put off by one or two "nasty".  Also never felt quite at home as I did in the early years of IA (Clare, B'dette, Michael Wilson, sorry to those I left out).  However Rorate and here are the only Catholic sites I visit—4 or 5 times a week, and I voted to keep it open.

I think the experience of IA—grew too large, bomb throwers dominated, SSPX prior got his pants in a twist and management caved.  Perhaps it is better to not be overly concerned about the numbers and take thanks that those who log on consider it necessary to stay open.

". . . we will jealously protect the small but still burning candle of our traditional Catholic Faith, and patiently carry on our spiritual Resistance movement without the hoped-for papal approval." Fr. Gommar A. DePauw, August 15, 1967, Letter to Paul VI, www.latinmass-ctm.org/pub/archive.htm.

orate

I don't always sign in but I lurk here several times a day.  For those of us that don't get out much, the spiritual community here means a lot.  I know a handful of the regulars IRL but we are separated geographically.  This is how I keep in touch.  And yes, the prayer thread and informational threads are invaluable!
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Prayerful

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 27, 2018, 07:21:28 PM
Flat earth.

Vaccinated women in trousers on a flat earth hearing the '55 Holy Week, or something that ties it all together.  :P

Keep this place going. It has a reasoning tone, which some places lack. There is so much to be angry about, but a certain Argentine pantheist is probably happy to make those he despises angry over things they cannot control. Even though I don't live up to my screen name, a person can only pray and assist at Mass, prayers that storm Heaven for a Crisis that will pass.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Elizabeth

Quote from: Flick on November 28, 2018, 09:35:35 PM

I rarely post anymore—was put off by one or two "nasty".  Also never felt quite at home as I did in the early years of IA (Clare, B'dette, Michael Wilson, sorry to those I left out).  However Rorate and here are the only Catholic sites I visit—4 or 5 times a week, and I voted to keep it open.

I think the experience of IA—grew too large, bomb throwers dominated, SSPX prior got his pants in a twist and management caved.  Perhaps it is better to not be overly concerned about the numbers and take thanks that those who log on consider it necessary to stay open.
IA going dark was a tragedy.  Glad you're here, Flick.

MeanGene

I'd keep the site going if it's at all possible. Being a practicing Traditional Catholic in this world isn't easy at the moment. This site serves a purpose in simply reminding people day to day that they aren't completely alone out there on the trail. It may not seem like a big deal, but little things often have a larger effect then people initially think.
The contemplative is not one who discovers secrets no one knows, but one who is swept into ecstasy by what everyone knows.
-A Carthusian

Carleendiane

Quote from: Elizabeth on November 30, 2018, 10:46:20 AM

What does AI stand for?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Gardener

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 01, 2018, 05:30:31 PM

What does AI stand for?

Ignis Ardens, a defunct Trad forum.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Gardener on December 01, 2018, 05:39:40 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 01, 2018, 05:30:31 PM

What does AI stand for?

Ignis Ardens, a defunct Trad forum.

The internet is an ocean filled with defunct fora. Trad or otherwise.

It's the natural cycle of things.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Patriarch

Please keep the forum open, Kase! I don't really see any of y'all on Fisheaters anymore. So I am here more often than not. :)
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy . . . "
— Psalm 50, 3.

Mr. Mysterious

Even though my posts the last few years or so have been few and far between I say keep this place up and running. Maybe even "jazz" it up a bit now and then to keep interest piqued and invite Trads who are currently not members who you might know from other forums or websites to liven things up a bit.

For example, I said a few years ago this place needs more emoticons. That would be a start. ;)   
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Elizabeth

emoticons fill me with a sense of power and might