So if you took the covid vaccine and someday want to get married.....

Started by diaduit, November 14, 2021, 02:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

GiftOfGod

Quote from: james03 on December 03, 2021, 11:07:26 AM
QuoteIs mud a Slavic tradition or just a lack of drainage infrastructure?
Weak.
Have you ever seen such mud before? I've seen photos and videos from all over the world and I've even spent some time on a  farm but I have never seen as much mud as in Eastern Europe. In the USA we have Federally-subsidized farm loans and well as grants for proper irrigation methods. Maybe that's not a thing in Eastern Europe due to the corrupt governments. Still, why don't they just dig some small ditches and put down gravel?
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

james03

One thing that stands out about these cuties is the lack of make up.  Either they are using very little, or none at all.  It's noticeable to Americans because the girls over here put on theater levels of make-up.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The Curt Jester

Quote from: james03 on December 04, 2021, 10:00:53 AM
One thing that stands out about these cuties is the lack of make up.  Either they are using very little, or none at all.  It's noticeable to Americans because the girls over here put on theater levels of make-up.

I've always said that if you're young, you don't need make-up.  If you're old, it's probably not going to help.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

LausTibiChriste

1) You want to see crazy theater levels of makeup then go to England

2) My wife has never used/uses makeup. Even when we were dating. I don't think she's ever even used lipstick once.

All her friends are the same. It's refreshing - back home some of my buddies' wives look like aliens at the end of the night when they remove their makeup.

Makeup is awful imo.

3) The girls I posted are Georgian. Amazing country with the best wine and food in the world, far as I'm concerned.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

MaximGun

And very hard to marry.  They nearly all marry Georgian men.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: MaximGun on December 04, 2021, 03:50:27 PM
And very hard to marry.  They nearly all marry Georgian men.

Interesting. Why is that? Sort of bucks the trend for that area of the world.

Never knew any Georgian chicks though. My MIL is from the Caucasus (Russian side) so maybe that counts

- MaximGun

MaximGun

There is a sort of fierce nationalism tribalism there in Georgia.  A bit like the Italian Mafia, where you have to be full blooded Sicilian to be a made man.  They are not far removed from a clan based society, and have all sorts of tribal loyalties.  I think, but I am not sure, that the surrounding countries are much the same.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 04, 2021, 03:29:48 PM

2) My wife has never used/uses makeup. Even when we were dating. I don't think she's ever even used lipstick once.

All her friends are the same. It's refreshing - back home some of my buddies' wives look like aliens at the end of the night when they remove their makeup.

Makeup is awful imo.
Didn't Aquinas say something about makeup being sinful?

3) The girls I posted are Georgian. Amazing country with the best wine and food in the world, far as I'm concerned.
Oh, then I take back my statement about mud (I thought it/and they were Slavic). It must be a Former Soviet Union thing.

I don't know a thing about Georgian wine and food but it can't be better than Italian wine and food. I have NEVER seen a Georgian restaurant in Northern California and we have immigrants from everywhere. Italian restaurants? They are almost like McDonald's in quantity and there aren't even that many Italians left. I have NEVER seen a cooking show (yes, I watch those) that even mentioned Georgian food. I rarely drink wine but I've been to wineries in Napa Valley and I've never heard of a Georgian wine.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

queen.saints

Yes, it makes the Americans look Amish in comparison.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Aulef

Ecclesiasticus: Look not upon a woman's beauty, and desire not a woman for beauty.

Proverbs: Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain: the woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Aulef on December 06, 2021, 09:06:05 AM
Ecclesiasticus: Look not upon a woman's beauty, and desire not a woman for beauty.

Proverbs: Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain: the woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

Get a hottie who feareth the Lord and you're golden

- MaximGun

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 04, 2021, 05:22:15 PM

Oh, then I take back my statement about mud (I thought it/and they were Slavic). It must be a Former Soviet Union thing.

I don't know a thing about Georgian wine and food but it can't be better than Italian wine and food. I have NEVER seen a Georgian restaurant in Northern California and we have immigrants from everywhere. Italian restaurants? They are almost like McDonald's in quantity and there aren't even that many Italians left. I have NEVER seen a cooking show (yes, I watch those) that even mentioned Georgian food. I rarely drink wine but I've been to wineries in Napa Valley and I've never heard of a Georgian wine.

I've never seen Georgian stuff in Canada. I only see it in Russia/ex-USSR.

Georgians claim they invented wine, and apparently, they have a pretty good hold on that claim. Never bothered to verify myself because I'd rather drink it than read about it. It's quite unlike wines you find in France/Italy/US though - incredibly earthy and very young. My Mom's a huge wine geek and doesn't like Georgian at all.

As for the food, it's pretty nice, quite unlike Italian cuisine. But it's damn delicious - adjika is the best sauce on the planet. I'd still take Italian if I HAD to choose, though.

I'm also a massive fan of Central Asian food, particularly Uzbek - very similar to Georgian. There's an Uzbek restaurant near my wife's home in Moscow. Amazing food.

- MaximGun

queen.saints

Eastern European and Russian food is supposed to be the new frontier in gourmet cuisine.

https://www.kodasail.com/post/2018/11/24/the-croatian-food-that-amazed-anthony-bourdain

" Anthony Bourdain famously pronounced himself an idiot for not discovering Croatian cuisine sooner..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/is-georgian-cuisine-the-next-big-thing-these-enthusiasts-hope-so/2015/03/03/d5060ece-bdfd-11e4-8668-4e7ba8439ca6_story.html

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.eater.com/platform/amp/2017/2/18/14652250/chefs-table-vladimir-mukhin

"It wasn't until another Vladimir — the man in the Kremlin — fought U.S. sanctions in 2014 by banning Western imports that chefs and diners began to celebrate their local ingredients. "When they sealed the borders, we were, so to say, on the crest of the wave, because we started working with the Russian ingredients a long time ago," the chef explains. "We were ready."
"Chef Vladimir Mukhin is in the vanguard of a new wave of young Russian culinary talents," the World's 50 Best committee declares. "Known as much for his use of local, seasonal ingredients as for his charisma, Mukhin is making international waves.""
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Prayerful

Dunno, the chips I got in hotel Komodor in Dubrovnik weren't that good. I liked the wine. Hope they still have all the Yugos.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.