This Forum and Mary, Queen of Heaven

Started by Insanis, May 25, 2021, 07:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanis

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 25, 2021, 07:52:55 PM
Insanis,
for what its worth, I agree with D.L. Its time to change your approach.

You agree with his personal accusations and presumptions?

What exactly should I change about myself? Lessen devotion? Accept more blasphemy? Stay silent in the face of errors? Tell Mary I saw insults and accusations against her, and I said nothing to keep some sort of civil peace between the people making the accusations and myself just to please others?

When I joined this forum, I saw a massive number of Covid and vaccine threads started. Did you and others make the same accusations and protests then that you do now about devotion to Jesus through Mary being defended?

I am not going to let these things be normalized.

Michael Wilson

I don't think this is doing you any good spiritually or Gerard either. Maybe give it a rest for a week and see if that does't help.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Insanis

If these issues had been ended before, then there would be no need to address them, but they have been here for a long time apparently and they came to light to me soon after joining.

As long as they exist, which they shouldn't, I am going to protest it.

If I were a moderator, I'd just ban offenders and lock offensive threads and it would be a non-issue, but as long as they are allowed to stick around on a Catholic forum, there should be no tolerance and posting is the only thing we can do on a forum.

So what else should I do? Using the forum for its intended purpose is not objectionable. If my posts are "offensive", then what about the blasphemies and personal insults and accusations of every sort? Where were you then?

There is an entire thread attacking me, yet, where were you then?

You rebuke me, but accept all that.

How are you not a part of the problem?

Insanis

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 25, 2021, 08:04:31 PM
I don't think this is doing you any good spiritually or Gerard either. Maybe give it a rest for a week and see if that does't help.

I am doing well spiritually.

Why would I give up? These errors have been going on for years apparently.

If I give it up, it will be on this forum for good. I intended to join a Catholic forum for discussion and fellowship with Catholics.

DigitalLogos

Quote from: Insanis on May 25, 2021, 08:05:56 PM
If these issues had been ended before, then there would be no need to address them, but they have been here for a long time apparently and they came to light to me soon after joining.

As long as they exist, which they shouldn't, I am going to protest it.

If I were a moderator, I'd just ban offenders and lock offensive threads and it would be a non-issue, but as long as they are allowed to stick around on a Catholic forum, there should be no tolerance and posting is the only thing we can do on a forum.

So what else should I do? Using the forum for its intended purpose is not objectionable. If my posts are "offensive", then what about the blasphemies and personal insults and accusations of every sort? Where were you then?

There is an entire thread attacking me, yet, where were you then?

You rebuke me, but accept all that.

How are you not a part of the problem?

That is one thread. And it was wrong of that person to single you out. But, you have continued to post numerous threads on the same topic directed at the same two people. It isn't so much your message (again, I agree with you), but your angle, which is just poor forum etiquette.

Banning is a double-edged sword. While their controversial opinions and threads could, and should, be regulated; your spamming the forum would be justifiably bannable as well. And recall, they have been both placed on bans for their erroneous opinions.

It might be best to just step away from the conversation and allow others to try and tackle it from the authority of the Church. "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words: going forth out of that house or city shake off the dust from your feet." - Matt. 10:14.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Insanis

Quote from: DigitalLogos on May 25, 2021, 08:27:41 PM
but your angle, which is just poor forum etiquette.
This is not a typical forum issue. "Forum etiquette" has been breached from the get-go. Nobody cares about that here.

Banning is a double-edged sword. While their controversial opinions and threads could, and should, be regulated; your spamming the forum would be justifiably bannable as well. And recall, they have been both placed on bans for their erroneous opinions.
Solutions are needed. And it isn't "spamming" to use the forum for what is intended. This forum has more covid/vaccine threads started than I have total.

QuoteIt might be best to just step away from the conversation and allow others to try and tackle it from the authority of the Church. "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words: going forth out of that house or city shake off the dust from your feet." - Matt. 10:14.

That is a possibility, but I think the forum can be restored. These were not issues that were present in the past. They are relatively new and they shouldn't be tolerated.

DigitalLogos

Quote from: Insanis on May 25, 2021, 08:30:16 PM

Solutions are needed. And it isn't "spamming" to use the forum for what is intended. This forum has more covid/vaccine threads started than I have total.

Yes, there are a lot of Covid threads. But, are they all by the same person? No. Therein lies the problem.

That's really all the more I'm going to say about it. I'll take Our Lord's wisdom and exit the conversation. God bless.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Gerard

Quote from: Insanis on May 25, 2021, 08:08:03 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 25, 2021, 08:04:31 PM

If I give it up, it will be on this forum for good. I intended to join a Catholic forum for discussion and fellowship with Catholics.

This seems to part of the M.O. 

I'm perfectly willing to take a break from it all.  I was bound and determined to defend myself from false assertions and lies from our little "woke" crowd and then Rosarium/Paeniteo/Inanus came along and dialed everything up to 11. 

But from perusing the threads, it looks like he's gotten beyond the point of overreach and now he's picking fights with everyone. 

I saw this fitting comment from back in 2013:

quote from Heinrich:

QuoteQuote from: Ben on February 04, 2013, 07:33:16 PM

I suspect Rosarium won't go over to CathInfo. And he left this forum for some reason.
Now that would be something! But he would join just to say he was leaving.

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=1008.0

I'm feeling sorry for this guy because he seems to be stuck in a loop. 

Insanis

Quote from: DigitalLogos on May 25, 2021, 08:38:53 PM
Yes, there are a lot of Covid threads. But, are they all by the same person? No. Therein lies the problem.

Actually, when I joined they were.

Insanis

Quote from: Gerard on May 25, 2021, 08:40:25 PM

Yes, in 2013ish, I stopped using forums.

I admitted I used to use forums but stopped for years in my introduction. This isn't a loop.

I'm perfectly willing to take a break from it all.  I was bound and determined to defend myself from false assertions and lies from our little "woke" crowd and then Rosarium/Paeniteo/Inanus came along and dialed everything up to 11.

Your vulgarity is disgusting on its own.

Gerard

Quote from: Insanis on May 25, 2021, 08:46:58 PM

Yes, in 2013ish, I stopped using forums.

I admitted I used to use forums but stopped for years in my introduction. This isn't a loop.

You missed it completely.  This is sad.   

Your vulgarity is disgusting on its own.

I'm just feeling sorry for you now.  I'm going to keep praying for you. 

Insanis

It is not just me you know.

I am willing to refute the errors and expose the blasphemies and show they shouldn't be tolerated. And I am willing to to accept the personal abuse, but I am not speaking for myself. There is a higher purpose.

Anyway, the end is nigh.

Gerard

Quote from: Insanis on May 25, 2021, 09:35:18 PM

I am willing to refute the errors and expose the blasphemies and show they shouldn't be tolerated. And I am willing to to accept the personal abuse, but I am not speaking for myself. There is a higher purpose.

Anyway, the end is nigh.

As I stated, I'll keep praying for you.  I think you need prayer at this point.

Philip G.

Quote from: Gerard on May 25, 2021, 09:44:25 PM

Anyway, the end is nigh.

I will indulge the advice of the beloved disciple and earthly recipient of the Virgin Mary upon Our Lord's departure, St. John, who said, and I am not quoting, that there are some whom we should not pray for.   
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Philip G. on May 26, 2021, 12:37:06 AM
Quote from: Gerard on May 25, 2021, 09:44:25 PM

Anyway, the end is nigh.

I will indulge the advice of the beloved disciple and earthly recipient of the Virgin Mary upon Our Lord's departure, St. John, who said, and I am not quoting, that there are some whom we should not pray for.

Letting "points-scoring" in an argument get in the way of an authentic Christian expression? 

Take two weeks off for uncharitable posting.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.