If Suscipe Domine were a bar...

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, May 14, 2021, 05:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

If Suscipe Domine were a bar...

Michael Wilson is quietly tending the bar, but watch your step, he has a gun under the counter.

Jayne is beating everybody at trivia.

Heinrich and Dellery are brawling in the parking lot.

James is teaching the younger guys how to play pool.

Greg is teaching them how to cheat at poker.

Diaduit is riding the mechanical bull.

Munda, Bernadette, and many of the ladies are dancing in a group ignoring the men. The men are fine with that. They don't want to dance anyway.

Daniel is sitting in a corner looking nervous. He thinks he parked too close to the fire hydrant and he's going to get a ticket. (He didn't.)

The owner and manager, Kaesekopf, is nowhere to be seen. It's rumored he's hiding out from the mob.

Feel free to add to the story.

Tennessean

Flour de Lys is watching everyone.
Melkor is stealing light bulbs and dropping spiders in peoples drinks.
GiftOfGod is eating mild wings with a glass of milk.
TradGranny is smoking a fat bowled briar pipe.

Sent from my SM-A025V using Tapatalk

Fleur-de-Lys

Miriam is killing it on karaoke.

Vetus is conspicuously drinking a Coke.

GiftOfGod

The authorities would shut it down due to the repeated fights among patrons and no on-site management.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Melkor

Gift of God insults a lady and gets punched out.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Fleur-de-Lys

Live has been looking at the menu for 20 minutes.

Gardener is sitting in the parking lot running everyone's license plate.

Lynne is assisting him.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: GiftOfGod on May 14, 2021, 08:23:44 PM
The authorities would shut it down due to the repeated fights among patrons and no on-site management.

They will once I file my report.

Melkor

Phillip G is asking the bartender if the drinks are plant based.

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Jacob

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  What kind of "trivia" is Jayne beating /everyone/ at? ;)
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Melkor on May 14, 2021, 08:29:55 PM

Hey Melkor, any relation to Melkite, by any chance?
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Melkor

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiftOfGod

Melkor

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Jacob on May 14, 2021, 08:41:13 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa!  What kind of "trivia" is Jayne beating /everyone/ at? ;)

Talmud.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

diaduit

Quote from: Melkor on May 14, 2021, 08:29:55 PM

Haaahaa, that would be me after he laughs at me falling off the bull