The Parish Hall > General News and Discussion

Communists massing at borders? Confession message

(1/4) > >>

lauermar:
Yesterday afternoon, I went to St. John Cantius in downtown Chicago for 1st Saturday mass and confession as usual. For those who don't know, SJC is a TLM indult parish in the diocese, run by the Canons Regular. It can be difficult to hear the priest in the confession booth after mass has started, because of the background singing and praying over loudspeakers. They have old-fashioned wooden confession booths that are semi-open, like you see in Rome.

I went to confession and got my absolution. Then the priest ordered me to do a specific set of prayers related to the Fatima message, and he pushed a medal through the screen slats for me to wear. It is an ancient painting of the Madonna & Child, in which they are depicted as Middle Eastern rather than the more common European look. I have it on now. It is beautiful and not something I see in stores.

First, some background---
I have long held the position that the Fatima message was intended to prevent the spread of communism to the world in the 20th century, and that Our Lady's requests went unheeded. Before mass yesterday, I was on FB commenting on a Catholic page. I wrote that praying for the Russian consecration with the intention of preventing communism is like locking the barn door after the horse is stolen. Pope Francis and the clergy who back him are themselves communist-leaning, as is the USA and most countries around the world now. Therefore, I'm focusing on praying for salvation for my family, and conversions for others. I'm using Ignatian spiritual exercises to let go of worldly concerns and concentrate on my relationship with God.

Later that same day, I go to confession. The priest asked me to commit to praying against the spread of communism. He said, you know the US election was a mess. I agreed. Then he asked, are you are aware that communist troops are massing in Southeast Asia, and at the borders of many countries? I replied that China has always bullied Taiwan, Hong Kong and neighboring countries but this is nothing new. He said that prayer is needed to fight this surge. He wants me to wear the medal, say a daily rosary and the 5 prayers given to the children at Fatima:  https://www.churchpop.com/2017/05/10/the-5-prayers-revealed-at-fatima-that-every-catholic-should-know/

I agreed to do what he asked, so I have to change my previous stance about Fatima. I deleted my past FB comment. This is the first time such a request was asked of me in confession. It was completely unrelated to my confessed sins. I wonder if what he said is true? Is it any worse than it's always been? I also wonder if God is giving me a warning through this priest to change my stance about the Fatima message. If He did, it worked. I'm cooperating as I promised I'd do.

diaduit:
Q anon rubbish.......sorry I couldn't resist  ;)

attachment is Austin Texas at the weekend.

james03:

--- Quote ---I wonder if what he said is true? Is it any worse than it's always been? I also wonder if God is giving me a warning through this priest to change my stance about the Fatima message. If He did, it worked. I'm cooperating as I promised I'd do.
--- End quote ---

Both are true.  Yes, the spread of the errors of Russia is complete.  Watch some Yuri Bezmenov.  Frankfurt School.  Abortion.  Feminism.  The deadline was 1960.  We didn't comply and got Vatican II.  Now we don't have a Pope and communism is exploding.   So in that sense, closing the gate after the horses ran off, you are correct.

However the request for consecration was made in 1929 in Tuy, Spain.  The request is linked to the French Revolution, so it is logical to conclude we were given 100 years.  The absolute deadline is therefore 2029.  So the priest is correct, it is a good thing to pray for the consecration of Russia.

In short:  Spread of errors of Russia:  Complete.
Chastisement:  Not here yet.

King Wenceslas:
I would stick with your original intentions:

--- Quote ---I have long held the position that the Fatima message was intended to prevent the spread of communism to the world in the 20th century, and that Our Lady's requests went unheeded. Before mass yesterday, I was on FB commenting on a Catholic page. I wrote that praying for the Russian consecration with the intention of preventing communism is like locking the barn door after the horse is stolen. Pope Francis and the clergy who back him are themselves communist-leaning, as is the USA and most countries around the world now. Therefore, I'm focusing on praying for salvation for my family, and conversions for others. I'm using Ignatian spiritual exercises to let go of worldly concerns and concentrate on my relationship with God.
--- End quote ---

The priest's intentions sound to much like urban legends. This country is hosed. It is a dead man walking.

james03:

--- Quote ---This country is hosed. It is a dead man walking.
--- End quote ---

I've got to agree with that one.  At $30 Trillion in debt, if interest rates get to 3.3%, the interest payment on debt is $1 Trillion per year.  We've reached the point where the Fed can't stop printing.  Once it stops, we are formally bankrupt.  But the Fed needs debt to print, so expect $2 Trillion in deficits going forward (might be $5 Trillion this year to pay for the pork), and getting larger.  Basically it's just a matter of when.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version