The Parish Hall > General News and Discussion

How vaccine companies obtain Embryonic Kidney Cells for cell-lines

(1/6) > >>

TradGranny:
One source who worked in a vaccine cell lab said the aborted babies were put in the refrigerator prior to being sold. However according to another biologist, the Embryonic Kidney Cells were extracted within 5 minutes of the abortion.
This is from Life Site News.

Pamela Acker is a biologist who left the vaccine lab where she worked and later authored Vaccination: A Catholic Perspective.

Acker dispels the myth that these cell lines are created using spontaneous abortions, simply by understanding that these cells have to be gathered within five minutes of the abortion. A miscarriage would simply not provide cells that were alive enough for researchers to be able to use the cells. 

This is where things get very disturbing, because in most cases it’s not a “simple abortion,” but rather, Acker says: 

“They will actually deliver these babies via cesarean section. The babies are still alive when the researchers start extracting the tissue; to the point where their heart is still beating, and they’re generally not given any anesthetic, because that would disrupt the cells that the researchers are trying to extract.

So, they’re removing this tissue, all the while the baby is alive and in extreme amounts of pain. So, this makes it even more sadistic.”

While our discussion is broad, we do highlight the Moderna and Pfizer COVID vaccines specifically. The above is a small sample of the vital information Pamela Acker and I discussed today. I encourage each one of you to listen to the full interview, and share with your friends and family.

To see interview, go to:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/the-unborn-babies-used-for-vaccine-development-were-alive-at-tissue-extraction

King Wenceslas:
Totally gross. How in the heck do they live with themselves? Monsters. Just new versions of Eickmann.

TradGranny:

--- Quote from: King Wenceslas on April 24, 2021, 04:12:01 PM ---Totally gross. How in the heck do they live with themselves? Monsters. Just new versions of Eickmann.

--- End quote ---

I am struggling to understand how Catholics can know the facts and proceed with the product that was researched using this horrific baby-sacrifice process to obtain the needed HEK cells.

Jayne:

--- Quote from: TradGranny on April 24, 2021, 08:18:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: King Wenceslas on April 24, 2021, 04:12:01 PM ---Totally gross. How in the heck do they live with themselves? Monsters. Just new versions of Eickmann.

--- End quote ---

I am struggling to understand how Catholics can know the facts and proceed with the product that was researched using this horrific baby-sacrifice process to obtain the needed HEK cells.

--- End quote ---

Abortion derived cell lines have been a standard tool in scientific research and development for around half a century.  They are not only used for vaccines.  They have been involved in countless medicines and medical discoveries. It is probably not even possible to figure out all the ways.  The entire medical system is tainted.  If you really don't want to benefit indirectly from abortion, you should avoid all modern medicine.  While you're at it, stop using money because the entire financial system is tainted by the sin of usury.

In St. Paul's time, there were Christians who stopped eating meat because much, perhaps all, of the meat in the market had been obtained from sacrifices to idols.  They did not want to benefit from a system that was tainted by the sin of idolatry.  (St. Paul taught that this was unnecessary but that, on such a matter, Christians should respect each other's consciences.)

Sometimes, especially when systemic sins are involved, it is inevitable that we benefit from the sins of others. There is no Catholic principle that this is intrinsically wrong.  My Missal contains a list of  9 ways of being an accessory to another’s sin:

By counsel.
By command.
By consent.
By provocation.
By praise or flattery.
By concealment.
By partaking.  [i.e. taking part in committing the sin]
By silence.
By defense of the ill done.

Note what is not there.  It does not say anything about benefiting from another's sin.  It would not make sense if it did make such a claim.  Sometimes it is even possible for it to be good to benefit from sin.  We face such situations because God brings good from evil.  Every member of this forum has benefited from the betrayal and crucifixion of Our Lord.  These are arguably the worst sins in the history of mankind and yet they were the means of salvation.

Of course, it is not always good.  Sometime, it is better to avoid benefiting from other's sins.   For example, I avoid buying items that have  been imported from China, largely because I do not want to support the evils of this regime.   If enough people did this this, it might even discourage trade with China.  But no matter how many people refuse the Covid vaccine, it will do nothing to end abortion.  No woman gets an abortion because she wants to supply cells for medical R&D.  She does it because she does not want her baby and she is surrounded by a society telling her that she has a right to kill it. 

I am as horrified and sickened by abortion as it is possible to be.  I have been prolife from my youth and even more so after experiencing pregnancy myself and being aware of the precious human life that I carried within me.  In spite of how strongly I feel, everything I know about moral theology leads me to conclude that the theologians who say it is permissible to use these vaccines are making the stronger arguments.  However, I follow the principle that St. Paul taught in connection to eating meat and so I respect the conscience of those who decide not to use vaccines developed using abortion-derived cell lines.

Jayne:
Here is a Scientific American article that gives some idea of how pervasive the use of fetal material is in medical R&D: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-truth-about-fetal-tissue-research/

Note the distinction between established cell lines derived from abortion decades ago and fresh fetal material.  The latter is the reason why Planned Parenthood sells baby organs. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version