Considering making the jump to Apple

Started by tradne4163, January 03, 2018, 12:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tradne4163

It's getting close to tax season. Usually that means looking at upgrading my phone and handing my current phone down to my mother.
  The thing is, my company is a prepaid phone company, so that limits my options (though the cheaper cost per month makes that worth it). The current Android options aren't wowing me compared to what I have now. I'm not too interested in the flagship tier to boot.
  One option is the iPhone SE, which is a 6s in a 5s body. Plus it's considerably cheaper than other iPhones and seems to at least be roughly equal in capabilities to my Samsung Galaxy J7. Unless there are more phones rolled out before mid Febuary or so this may be at least my most intersting choice. Anyone out there happen to have experience with the iPhone SE? Any other Android options to hold out for?
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

Archer

Quote from: tradne4163 on January 03, 2018, 12:38:45 AM
It's getting close to tax season. Usually that means looking at upgrading my phone and handing my current phone down to my mother.
  The thing is, my company is a prepaid phone company, so that limits my options (though the cheaper cost per month makes that worth it). The current Android options aren't wowing me compared to what I have now. I'm not too interested in the flagship tier to boot.
  One option is the iPhone SE, which is a 6s in a 5s body. Plus it's considerably cheaper than other iPhones and seems to at least be roughly equal in capabilities to my Samsung Galaxy J7. Unless there are more phones rolled out before mid Febuary or so this may be at least my most intersting choice. Anyone out there happen to have experience with the iPhone SE? Any other Android options to hold out for?

Do it. The iPhones just work. The platform is easy to use and they last. 
Plus, unless you're super geeked out about electronics, you don't need all the customization options that the androids offer.  The androids come with a lot of unnecessary pre-installed firmware, IMO.

I'm in need of an upgrade too, my 5s is coming to the end of its useful life. Any ideas for where to buy other than your service provider?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Greg

I am thinking of getting rid of my mobile phone altogether, all I need is to keep the number, since I have had it since 1997.  I use Skype or Google for phone calls 98 percent of the time.  Everything else is email nowadays.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Southern Ascetic

I wish I could get rid of mine but I need it for work.

The only people who call me anymore are my parents and job recruiters.

Gardener

Quote from: Ascetik on January 04, 2018, 11:25:56 AM
I wish I could get rid of mine but I need it for work.

The only people who call me anymore are my parents and job recruiters.

I'm considering getting rid of my smartphone for a cricket brick or old school flip. No phone allowed in work environment, and I pretty much don't use it for anything important outside of work.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Greg

I might give mine to my daughter and pay her to take messages when people call unexpectedly and then call them back.

We have 6 smartphones in this house, plus a landline.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

tradne4163

Quote from: Archer on January 03, 2018, 10:46:44 AM
Quote from: tradne4163 on January 03, 2018, 12:38:45 AM

Do it. The iPhones just work. The platform is easy to use and they last. 
Plus, unless you're super geeked out about electronics, you don't need all the customization options that the androids offer.  The androids come with a lot of unnecessary pre-installed firmware, IMO.

I'm in need of an upgrade too, my 5s is coming to the end of its useful life. Any ideas for where to buy other than your service provider?
About the only places I would look is Amazon or eBay if you want an unlocked phone. Aside from that, no clue.
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again