WHERE do you pray?

Started by drummerboy, March 17, 2024, 12:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

Perhaps not the most asked question on prayer, but a practical one nonetheless.  WHERE do you pray, meditate, do sacred reading, etc?

Most often I end up sitting on the couch, enjoying the morning sunshine and dodging cats trying to sit on my lap.  The bedroom is out of the question since the wife is still snoozing. 
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Heinrich

We pray in living room and at kitchen table(Sorrowful Mysteries right before supper). Sometimes front porch if weather is agreeable.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The Curt Jester

Living room or bedroom, generally.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Acolyte

The majority of my prayer time is in my parish church.

I pray at home as well.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

EastWest7

Usually in our master bedroom. I have an "icon corner" set up on our dresser.
Before Abraham was, I AM. John 8:58

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

diaduit

I have a mini altar in my living room and we say the rosary most evenings in front while sitting or kneeling on or at the couch.  I don't sweat the sitting or kneeling for kids even though I prefer if they do.  I don't want kids remembering family rosary time with resentment and shouting.

Bonaventure

More often in the car or while walking now. A lot of drives and walks with the little one. Good way to knock the daily rosary out and other prayers.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."