Has anyone ever moved without using a moving company?

Started by Bernadette, October 03, 2019, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

I can't believe it. Now my aunt has suddenly decided to let the moving company pack it all. We did all of that packing for nothing!   :madsmiley:
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

Sometimes you have to start the project to know you should let the pros do it.

I've only had a moving company help once. It was when I was in the Army and owned virtually nothing. Go figure.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

aquinas138

Quote from: Gardener on October 04, 2019, 08:31:52 AM

I've only had a moving company help once. It was when I was in the Army and owned virtually nothing. Go figure.

I always enjoyed stories of when the military moved my uncle; it would be done incredibly quickly, but they'd pack up ashtrays with butts and ash still in them.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Gardener

Quote from: aquinas138 on October 04, 2019, 11:01:41 AM

I always enjoyed stories of when the military moved my uncle; it would be done incredibly quickly, but they'd pack up ashtrays with butts and ash still in them.

I think the company that moved me was Two Men and The Locusts. Was like a whirlwind of efficiency.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Sempronius

I worked a couple of days in a moving company. Most of the co-workers had some problems. One guy just mentioned causally how deep his brother stabbed him with a knife. Most of them didnt like to talk, just wanted to get the day over with..

A close friend of mine that also goes to Church, and we pray the rosary together, works at a moving company and he also had a troubled adulthood with drugs and homelessness. But its good now, thanks to God.

Bernadette

I can't BELIEVE it!! The house inspection went really badly, and now it looks like the whole thing is going to fall through! We're looking at more houses this afternoon.  :'(
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

We recently went through quite a ringer on home inspection and purchase woes. We close this coming Monday.

See what the sellers are willing to do. It's their ugly baby. If they want someone to adopt it, they need to fix what's wrong.

Heinrich

Ah, but the other moves of you and those was in the company of me(n). I still have not recovered from the Gaelic Warrior's move down the street. Stupid parade and tarantula. 
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

AdTeClamamus

When my parents and I moved from Arkansas to Mississippi back in 1990, we didn't use a moving company. It was very much a daunting task, but we managed to do it.

Heinrich

Quote from: AdTeClamamus on November 17, 2019, 05:48:30 AM
When my parents and I moved from Arkansas to Mississippi back in 1990, we didn't use a moving company. It was very much a daunting task, but we managed to do it.

Ah, sweet Dixie. [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqgr7R4zUMg[/yt]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

We should have moved ourselves: the moving company damaged thousands of dollars' worth of property, from furniture to heirlooms.
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

Quote from: Bernadette on November 17, 2019, 01:18:19 PM
We should have moved ourselves: the moving company damaged thousands of dollars' worth of property, from furniture to heirlooms.

Document it and raise the issue with the company.