Pro-life "Roe v. Wade" movie in the works

Started by Jacob, July 03, 2018, 09:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/secret-roe-v-wade-film-now-shooting-new-orleans-1124557

People have been quitting as they've found out more about the nature of the project:

QuoteBut casting has been a problem throughout, as actors have walked away once they realized there was a pro-life tilt in the film. "We had to replace three local actors, including one who was to play Norma McCorvey, even after she begged for the role," says Loeb.

[...]

Among the crew members who quit in protest was a costumer who left after two weeks "because of the subject matter and pressure from her peers," says Allyn. Even the director, also a woman, quit on the first day of shooting, so Loeb and Allyn are co-directing. They are also producers and they co-wrote the script.

And when they shot in Washington, DC, their location manager there sent an email that read: "I have been doing research on the movie trying to figure out who is producing and what the gist of the story is and I finally found it and so I am withdrawing from this project. I am a staunch pro-abortion feminist activist and I will not be party to such horrible propaganda."
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Greg

If Los Angeles was nuked how many Hollywood actors would be lost?   10%, 60%? 
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lynne

It'll be the kiss of death for any actress's career. I wonder why someone would want to play Norma Covey if they were pro-death? I guess the actress who begged for the job didn't want to be red-pilled.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Maximilian

Quote from: Lynne on July 03, 2018, 11:41:56 AM

It'll be the kiss of death for any actress's career.

That's why I shall always be grateful to Valerie Bertinelli for taking on the role of the pro-life mother in this Lifetime movie. Not only did she have to play a pro-life advocate, she had to spend most of the movie lying in bed with her hair uncombed and no makeup.

Jacob

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/firestorm-anti-abortion-roe-v-wade-film-still-seeks-financing-1126510

They need money to finish the film because potential investors think references to Margaret Sanger and ethnic cleansing are "fake news."
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson