I'm quitting the forum

Started by Greg, January 26, 2018, 01:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

St. Columba

Good riddance you old fart!

haha!  Just kidding Greg!  How did you like my feeble attempt at dry, British, Greggish, irreverence?

Take it easy buddy!  Enjoy your beautiful wife....and make sure all of your travelling does not come at the expense of your marriage.

I love your pragmatism. Take care.

Peter
People don't have ideas...ideas have people.  - Jordan Peterson quoting Carl Jung

Xavier

God bless you in your work, Greg, and help you keep the Faith.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Greg

Quote from: St. Columba on January 28, 2018, 06:53:54 PM
Enjoy your beautiful wife....and make sure all of your travelling does not come at the expense of your marriage.

Bangkok, Rangoon, Tokyo, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Sao Paolo, Brazil what could possibly go wrong?

Luckily, I don't much like gooks or darkies. ;)

And Moscow who have the best looking women in the world are not buying, nor would the boss sell to them.  They are clever bastards and would develop this themselves and probably poach our best people.  Our developers are Ukrainian and Russian mathematicians and computer boffins.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Non Nobis

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 26, 2018, 02:23:51 PM
... what will you we do without us you to entertain you us

Fixed it for you Greg.  Honestly you will be sorely missed on the forum.  Despite your views on lying I think you always (? ;)) presented the unvarnished truth - as you see it, but often  ;D right on target.

(I bet you scored high on the IQ tests that you posted! You sure know a lot about everything.)

I know you will be successful. May God be with you.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

PerEvangelicaDicta

God bless you, Greg.  You're the youngest curmudgeon I know  :P
Good to hear you will post occasionally from airline lounges.

:pray1:
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

lauermar

"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

lauermar

"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: lauermar on February 02, 2018, 06:49:37 AM
https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=19103.0

Good luck with that job.

That thread is very difficult to read.  The 'serpent of rationalism'.

QuoteHere is a denial of absolutes, of universals, of metaphysics. On these the pragmatist
turns his back and turns towards adequacy, that is to say towards efficiency, "towards facts,
towards action and towards power.'  Here is the flight from reason; here is the antithesis
and enemy of natural law. Here are the Sophists come to life. And here is anti-intellectualism.
For (William) James speaks of the "trail of the serpent of rationalism, of intellectualism."

Exerpt from The Natural Law and Pragmatism
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Kephapaulos

Vetus Ordo

You'll be missed, Greg.

One of the few special ones.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

james03

Take care dawg.  Pack an emergency cow bell in your carry on.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Greg

You cannot even take bloody phone chargers around Asia now incase they explode in flight.

There has to be a business for flying with very little and having everything you need at your hotel in  box when you get there.  Chargers, cables, adapters to suit the country, nail scissors, etc.

I'm tempted to FedEx my stuff to myself.  I would if it wasn't so damned expensive,
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.