1962 Calendar

Started by MundaCorMeum, June 07, 2017, 05:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

I was looking up stuff on Ember Days (thanks to Pheo   :toth:), and I came across this free, traditional calendar in PDF form.  Thought I'd share, because it looks really good! 

http://www.tridentinecatholic.com/cal2017.pdf

My apologies if this has already been posted somewhere.....I've not had much free time to keep up with everything on here lately. 

VeraeFidei

Sorry, I am missing where the Traditional calendar is.

There is little "Tridentine" or traditional about any 1962 calendar.

MundaCorMeum

Well, the Mass we attend uses the 1962 calendar, so this particualr calendar helps me follow along with that.

Prayerful

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 09, 2017, 05:29:48 AM
Well, the Mass we attend uses the 1962 calendar, so this particualr calendar helps me follow along with that.

There was a time when SSPX Districts, even, I think, ICRSS, in part, varied between being highly wary or not using the last pre-deluge Calendar. However, few (worldwide) are the places offering the True Mass which use earlier calendars. Removing the sacral identity of New Years Day, no longer the Feast of the Circumcision, or suppressing ancient Feasts like the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, using a Holy Week which is a sort of monument to now abandoned modes of scholarly or liturgical interpretation then fashionable in the fifties, are all negatives, it is 1962 for the plurality of Traditional Catholics.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Prayerful on June 09, 2017, 12:24:45 PM

There was a time when SSPX Districts, even, I think, ICRSS, in part, varied between being highly wary or not using the last pre-deluge Calendar. However, few (worldwide) are the places offering the True Mass which use earlier calendars. Removing the sacral identity of New Years Day, no longer the Feast of the Circumcision, or suppressing ancient Feasts like the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, using a Holy Week which is a sort of monument to now abandoned modes of scholarly or liturgical interpretation then fashionable in the fifties, are all negatives, it is 1962 for the plurality of Traditional Catholics.

Indeed.  Sometimes, you just have to do the best you can with what's available to you.  Although, as a family, we try to celebrate and honor as many of the traditional feasts as we know of and are able to; always striving to learn more about The Faith, and live it as well as we can.  Some days (weeks/months/years) we do better than others.  Hopefully, God is pleased.

Gardener

Quote from: Prayerful on June 09, 2017, 12:24:45 PM

Cue Jackson Browne:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SX-HFcSIoU[/yt]

Oddly, his lyrics really have a contextual pertinence, especially if you interpret their grabbing of the golden ring in a Tolkien-esque sense.

ETA: Gosh, the more I listen to this, it's almost prophetic.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe