I didn't sign up here - goodbye

Started by MatthewCI, June 26, 2018, 08:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthewCI

Matthew from CathInfo here.
Someone signed me up with my own (public) e-mail address.
I reset the password, so no one but me can post as "MatthewCI"

BUT PLEASE NOTE:  there are many permutations of "Matthew" and "CathInfo" --
If you see ANY SUCH MEMBERS HERE, please know that it is an IMPOSTER, and not the real Matthew from CathInfo.

I have no desire to follow or post on Suscipe Domine. CathInfo is enough work as it is.
No offense to SD. Suffice to say that CathInfo is a bit larger with a bit more traffic -- certainly no smaller! -- and who wouldn't prefer to post on his own forum, especially once it grows out of the "micro forum" stage which CathInfo did about 8 or 10 years ago? :)   (Note: I consider any forum with less than 150 members to be a "micro forum")

God bless,

Matthew

P.S. This is the 2nd time someone signed up my public e-mail address as "MatthewCI" on a Trad forum.

Jayne

Something like this also happened in the early days of this forum.  Someone, not me, signed up using my name which was known to practically everyone here from my participation on another forum.  Everybody assumed it was me, of course.

I wonder why people do things like that.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

dellery

This looks like a poorly disguised advertisement.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

John Lamb

Quote from: dellery on June 26, 2018, 06:39:53 PM
This looks like a poorly disguised advertisement.

That's because you've got a slow mind. Obviously it's a troll who's pretending to give out a poorly disguised advertisement. Hilarious.
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

Greg

Bye.

Oh....and check your water meter.  It's about time.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote from: Jayne on June 26, 2018, 10:38:28 AM
Something like this also happened in the early days of this forum.  Someone, not me, signed up using my name which was known to practically everyone here from my participation on another forum.  Everybody assumed it was me, of course.

I wonder why they assumed it was you? [/sarc]
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Why did you sign up at Voxxpop's forum under a different name and troll?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

clau clau

Why would somebody sign up as MatthewCI and then not post (since the post count is 1 - see above) ?

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Jayne

Quote from: Heinrich on June 30, 2018, 08:54:34 AM

Why did you sign up at Voxxpop's forum under a different name and troll?

I am a member in good standing at Voxxpop's forum and my user name is Jayne.  You are perhaps thinking of Sbvyl's forum which I joined using a different name.  I never trolled there.  My posts were pleasant and friendly. 

Jayne

Quote from: clau clau on June 30, 2018, 10:39:16 AM
Why would somebody sign up as MatthewCI and then not post (since the post count is 1 - see above) ?

This is what Matthew said about it on CI:

QuoteWho the heck just signed me up on Suscipe Domine as "MatthewCI"?

What kind of BS is that? I just got an e-mail saying I signed up for an account. So I guess I have someone impersonating me now?
https://www.cathinfo.com/general-discussion/suscipe-domine-again/msg613340/#msg613340

It sounds like KK  immediately discovered the impersonation.  He would have the ability to remove or prevent posts.

LausTibiChriste

I got $20 MatthewCI is Jayne. 6:1 odds. Any takers?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jayne

LausTibiChriste

I'll wait til Trumps done decimating our economy - more affordable that way since I'm out of country.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Jayne on June 30, 2018, 02:01:59 PM
Quote from: clau clau on June 30, 2018, 10:39:16 AM

This is what Matthew said about it on CI:

QuoteWho the heck just signed me up on Suscipe Domine as "MatthewCI"?

What kind of BS is that? I just got an e-mail saying I signed up for an account. So I guess I have someone impersonating me now?
https://www.cathinfo.com/general-discussion/suscipe-domine-again/msg613340/#msg613340

It sounds like KK  immediately discovered the impersonation.  He would have the ability to remove or prevent posts.

It was an oversight by me.  I recently approved a batch of new members, and they all had names/emails that looked legit. 

I've expressed my apologies to Matthew (via email) for the oversight. 

So, with that, I'll lock this thread, since its point is fulfilled.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.