Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Quote from: Sbyvl36 on December 16, 2013, 06:18:47 PM
Sahara.  Humphrey Bogart

Great movie! J. Carroll Naish steals the movie in my opinion.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

The Harlequin King

I watched less than half of the Star Wars Holiday Special last night. It was the worst piece of trash tied to a major franchise I've ever seen.

Gerard

Quote from: The Harlequin King on December 18, 2013, 10:44:56 AM
I watched less than half of the Star Wars Holiday Special last night. It was the worst piece of trash tied to a major franchise I've ever seen.

With or without the Rifftrax accompaniment? 

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pR6gtr01Sc[/yt]

The Harlequin King

Without the Rifftrax. Sober.

Gerard

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Gerard on December 18, 2013, 11:44:56 AM
Quote from: The Harlequin King on December 18, 2013, 11:21:05 AM
Without the Rifftrax. Sober.

Ugh...what were you thinking?

That I wanted to cover my Lenten penance for the next five years in advance, apparently.

zork

On that note--Happy Life Day, everybody!
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Larry

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

C.Z.

Quote from: Gerard on December 18, 2013, 11:20:29 AM

With or without the Rifftrax accompaniment? 

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pR6gtr01Sc[/yt]

"The Star Wars Holiday Special will continue - despite growing protests outside our office!"

My favorite part :lol:
The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people" - G.K. Chesterton.

"To be able to speak the Truth and yet remain silent is to draw down the anger of God" - St. Justin Martyr

Adeodatus

Breaker Morant on Netflix. Quite a fine movie (I'd seen it before).
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

totiusque

Hobbit 2.   Enjoyable popcorn movie once you've come to the realization that this is Peter Jackson's creation, not JRR Tolkien's.  There should be a disclaimer at the beginning saying - All characters appearing in this work are fictitious.  Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, or from JRR Tolkien's original book, is purely coincidental.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Habitual_Ritual

Elysium - Pretty decent eye candy if an obvious push for an Open US Borders policy. All the oppressed people in this movie are Latin types.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Jacob

The last "new to me" movie I saw was To Be and to Have, a French documentary.

It is a year in the life of a teacher who teaches 12 students ages 4 to 10 in a rural school in central France.

It was engrossing.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Maximilian

"The Recipe" (Doenjang) - A Korean movie. Very beautiful, lyrical, artistic, subtly surrealistic. Available on Netflix.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."