Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Parts of some Halle Berry flic where she kills a lot of people.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Bonaventure on February 17, 2013, 09:22:22 AM
Parts of some Halle Berry flic where she kills a lot of people.

The Flinstones?
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

voxxpopulisuxx

flight with denzel washington...total snoozer disappointment. Talk about being mislead by previews >:(
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

FaithByProxy

The Conversation

Better than I was expecting!
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

tmw89

Am I any closer to getting to a scant 100 movies for my Top 100 Movies thread?  No.

Did I just re-watch Zodiac on Blu-ray?  Yes.

Do I seem like a jerk for posing questions to myself and answering them?  Probably.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Ben

Quote from: tmw89 on February 21, 2013, 09:29:49 PM
Am I any closer to getting to a scant 100 movies for my Top 100 Movies thread?  No.

And why is that?

Maybe you're over-thinking it?

Ben

Some movie with Owen Wilson that was anti-Serb propaganda. Poorly made. Awful script. Unintentionally funny. Almost turned it off.

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Ben on February 22, 2013, 07:06:37 PM
Some movie with Owen Wilson that was anti-Serb propaganda. Poorly made. Awful script. Unintentionally funny. Almost turned it off.

Behind enemy lines?
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Lateran

Children if the Corn (2009)  :tinfoil:

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Ben on February 22, 2013, 07:06:37 PM
You mention "almost" turned it off. You have to admit. That was a good movie.

Anti-Catholic. Serbian rebels= Catholic "rebels".
I was actually rooting for the "enemy" colonel in that movie. Good looking guy. Charismatic. Reminded of Ante Pavelic.
If you noticed, some of the "bad guys" had rosaries and crucifixes.
And Gene Hackman played his part well.

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Ben

Yeah, it was Behind Enemy Lines. And it wasn't good. I've sat through lots of awful movies. The only part that was entertaining was when the missiles were chasing the plane.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Ben on February 23, 2013, 12:41:37 AM
Yeah, it was Behind Enemy Lines. And it wasn't good. I've sat through lots of awful movies. The only part that was entertaining was when the missiles were chasing the plane.
I can never look at owen wilson without wondering wtf happened to his nose!
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Ben

Ha!

It just makes him that much more distinctive.

Speaking of Wilson, did anyone else find it strange how the media respected his desire for privacy after the suicide attempt? He must have powerful friends in the media.