Log-in/Logout freezes and error messages

Started by Miriam_M, May 04, 2020, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriam_M

Anyone else having these kinds of problems, keeping them from posting and PM'ing?
I'm trying to post this from my phone instead.

Miriam_M

I see that it works from my phone but not my computer.

Gardener

Clear cookies for the site on your browser and see if that fixes the issue on your computer
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Miriam_M

Lynne

Quote from: Miriam_M on May 04, 2020, 11:04:28 PM
Don't know where to find that.

Do you have a Mac or a PC?

Google how to clear the browser cache.

The steps on how to do it is different for each browser.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Gardener

Which browser?

You should be able to clear individual cookies so you don't lose all (assuming you stay logged in on certain sites).
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Miriam_M

I have a Mac, Lynne. I'll try the links sent. It seems odd that the problem would not have surfaced before. (So sudden). Will try in an hour.

Thanks for replies so far.

Miriam_M

Gardener

I don't use chrome so I cannot test these steps, but they should work:

On your computer, open Chrome.
    At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
    Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
    Click Cookies and then See all cookies and site data.
    At the top right, search for the website's name.
    To the right of the site, click Remove Remove (trashcan).

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Miriam_M

Without attempts at manipulation, things seem to have resolved themselves for the moment.  I'll see throughout various points of the day if that remains true.
Thank you, all.